Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Abondance/Chapelle d'abondance resorts

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello,

Can anyone tell me how to access lift pass costs for Chapelle d'Abondance? Are they considerably more expensive than Abondance?
I am just about to book a hotel in Chapelle and have been researching all the extra costs we will encounter (lift passes, ski-hire etc) but I am having trouble finding any website's specific to Chapelle d'Abondance.
I have found the Abondance website very easily and its very user friendly. The lift prices seem very reasonable.
The Website I have found for Chapelle seems to have prices double the cost....Is that just because the ski field connects to the Portes de Soleil? Is there a cheaper option for the closest/closer skiing options?

Any advise or knowledge would be greatly appreciated...
Thank you,
Nicole
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Welcome to snowheads, @nmclmarina. snowHead I believe the answer is that these are two different places, one very small and not linked to anything!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi @nmclmarina, welcome. First, it is worth reiterating that Chapelle D'Abondance and Abondance are two separate villages about 10 mile apart and not linked. Even though Abondance thinks its part of the PdS, it isnt and there is only local skiing available hence the low cost of the passes. CdA on the other hand is linked into the PdS, but there are a number of passes that you can buy. "La Chapelle" limits you to the village, "Evasion" allows you to ski over into Torgon. Chatel and part of Morgins and probably represents the best option but if you dont like drag lifts then one to avoid. "Portes du Soleil" will allow you to ski any where, but due to the position of CdA in the circuit it will be difficult to take full advantage unless you drive up to Linga or Pre la Joux to explore further.
next question ? wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@nmclmarina, Lift Prices are here http://www.lachapelle74.com/tariffs-rates-pass.html. Just read that the 'La Chapelle' village pass allows you access into Torgin as well.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Having stood by the road looking at Chapelle in the distance, I will agree that it is not exactly linked. Nice little areas, maybe, but definitely bijou.

(I got a bus to Linga.)

snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
La Chapelle d'Abondance is most definitely linked into the PDS circuit via the Panthiaz gondola. La Chapelle d'Abondance also has another ski area called Cret Beni which is not linked into PDS. Abondance is not linked to any other area.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello,

Thank you everyone for your replies....you've all been very helpful. I have also managed to get the Chapelle d'Abondance website to work Smile
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy