Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Season pass or pay as we go and experience many resorts, family of 5?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are currently living near Chambery, France (husband working, kids at school except Wednesdays, Im not working) and would like some advice on what to do to get the best out of a ski season here. 2 adults, 3 children (11,9,5). Skiing mainly weekends and school holidays as a 5, and I will ski as much as possible. Adults both experienced and children have skied 6 times before and very capable. As we are only here for the year we don't know whether to buy season tickets for one large domain, or season tickets for a smaller cheaper area, or pay as you go and experience as many different resorts as we can. We have a campervan, so can weekend away so hotel costs not a problem. However, budget is a problem and paying up front for 3 vallees at @£4000 is a hard hit. We also have the complication of regular visitors and the need to ski with them, and would then be travelling from our house daily and so distance is also important. We have mainly skied in the Portes du Soleil which we love, but its too far to travel regularly and for day trips. Any advice?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
http://www.skialacarte.fr/en/club-ski-card.php Have not used this but worth consideration?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks Brock, have just had a good read through and it looks a good solution. We don't want to tie ourselves to one area when there's so much to explore, but haven't got a never ending budget. Paying only for days you actually ski over the year is also great as you never know with kids when one of them may get sick. The range of resorts using this technology looks pretty good - those further away accessible for weekend use and those nearer Geneva/Annecy which are ok for day visits. thanks a lot for your help. great advice Happy
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@brock, interesting, seem to have expanded coverage? Possibly a nice solution.

@efamily, season pass usually much cheaper over the season but a. I suspect you'll have missed any of the really good discounted prices and b. As you say there's a front cost.

Advantage of the season pass being it's fixed and you more or less ski one area all the time, and i.m.e. experience and local knowledge opens up small areas making them more of a reasonable idea.

Tricky call...
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@efamily, Saturdays are going to be a key ski day for you, usually quiet on the pistes and there are some bargains. For example €19 pass for the day in the Espace Diamant which has 192 kms of piste and will take you quite a few Saturdays to explore. http://www.espacediamant.com/fr/diamant-19euro-98.html

Also Areches-Beaufort - special deal for 4 in a car http://areches-beaufort.com/fr/services/domaine-skiable/forfaits

I think it would be fun to explore lots of small places.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most season passes will include a day or two skiing in nearby resorts, worth factoring that in too.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Today is the last chance for the cheap season passes in Les Arcs and the Paradiski area. There is a direct train and bus from Chambery and at the weekends they do special one day ski trips by bus. Not sure how you book on them. But they are cheap!

Regarding the other advice you have been given about the Ski a la Carte. I agree for the adults a good idea, but not sure about the kids. There is NO childrens discount on the daily rates. Only on getting the card at the start. You might not save any money and as they are young and the discounts in resort would be better I would think if you pay by the day you would save more money.

As @pam w, it is also good to go to many different places with your camper. So if I were you I would get the Ski a la Carte for adults and also shop around for the best deals at weekends during the season at many places. Have fun!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy