Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recipe - Vin Chaud

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone out there give me a simple straightforward recipe for vin chaud. I need to make a vat of it for our rowing outing this Sunday and every recipe I've looked up involves 1,000 + 1 spices Shocked

I thought of just heating red wine, orange peel and some cinnamon sticks. No?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Have you tried "mulled wine" recipes? Eg http://www.recipesource.com/cgi-bin/search?search_string=mulled+wine
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Take cheap wine and orange juice, I use 80% red & 18% white & 2% OJ.

Take some oranges, push cloves into the orange - releases orange flavour and as the orange rolls around the cloves get crushed and realease their flavour. Also looks pretty.

Add ground cinamon & a little ground ginger. To taste.

Add lots of sugar.

Heat gently for as long as you can.

Simple enough? Schwatrz also make a tea bag style thing you can use but it will be more expensive than buying the simple ingredients above^

For decoration you might as well throw in some cinamon sticks. I quite like raisons & walnuts in mine.

If you want to make it stronger or you need to hide the taste of horrible wine add some sherry / port or any other similar fortified wine or spirit...

I'm in Hammersmith if you want to borrow a very large saucepan (around 10-13 litres) if you need it...

enjoy Twisted Evil
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks for this. Have now been shopping. Waitrose did have the little spice bags, but they smelt dreadful!

Have bought cloves, oranges, cinnamon sticks, some sugar cubes and some bottles of Grenache wine.

Personally, there are some things best left on the mountain and I just know it is not going to taste the same in a cold damp boathouse as it would in a steamed up mountain bar!

Thanks for the offer of the pan. I'm in Henley, so will have to make do! Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
My recipe is go to nearest glühwein stall and pay 2 euros Wink Comes in a rather festive mug too

Failing that, same as parlor's recipe, but if you have a good litre or so, and want to give it a kick, then add a shot of stroh rum. I'd only do that for cold days, at a party, and no-one is driving.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
try Pimms winter - just add apple juice and a few bits of apple and orange. very simple and incredibly moreish.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Beverley, hmmm, not rowing that far Wink Thought I'd take a punt Wink just in case... Laughing

Good Luck.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Better still - Bombardino:

1 part Vov (or advocaat if no vov to hand), 1 part Brandy, 2-4 parts HOT milk, add whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate - ummmmmmmmmmmm

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuumumumumumumumumumumumumumumumum

yummy!

(and after 4 of those I'l have a go at any black you can throw me down)

ummmmmumumumumu Very Happy
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Beverley, If you can get to a Cash and Carry buy a 10litre wine box and use that. Shame to muller a decent (or half) red !

Parlor when you off to Verbier then?
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Not until the 28th. Getting very excited.

The guy we rent the chalet is using the place for his family over Christmas & NY, selfish I think. First Christmas with our families for a while, they're very happy. Very Happy
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Red wine, brandy, orange juice, cinnamon, nutmeg, slices of orange. Worked for us- we have the nicest Vin Chaud still on the hob, we just top it up, its lush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy