Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

easyBus Geneva/Chamonix 15,000 Seats at 2 euros

Poster: A snowHead
Fabulous! Very Happy

http://www.chamonet.com/news/easybus-new-transfer-service-between-chamonix-and-geneva-airport-chamonix-mont-blanc-valley-678440
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
more info on it here:

http://www.chamonix.net/english/news/new-easybus-line-between-geneva-airport-and-chamonix
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
non-stop, I wonder, or stopping somewhere like Sallanches?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Have you seen who it's operated by though?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Less money spent on transfers = more glasses of wine Toofy Grin
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Have you seen who it's operated by though?

Yes
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If it's part of the Easy brand, I wonder if they'll charge extra for your luggage/skis?
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Zero_G wrote:
If it's part of the Easy brand, I wonder if they'll charge extra for your luggage/skis?

I would expect so, for skis at least - there are a good number of people using the bus services without skis (Geneva locals without a car who have skis in resort, people hiring skis in resort etc) so it would make sense to have different prices. As long as the charges aren't too steep with skis i.e. no higher than current prices, I don't have a problem with it. It looks like a year round service too, so they wouldn't be carry many skis in summer.

Edit: in partnership with ChamExpress, so maybe they'll pop on here at some point and give some further details...?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

it would make sense to have different prices.

Absolutely. A great service to be able to hop on and off at low prices - but not if everybody is expected to subsidise the cost of carrying some people's massive baggage! Those days are gone, hopefully.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hi all. I can confirm that there are no additional baggage charges for skis/snowboards on the easyBus service. However, each person is limited to 1 x bag, 1 x ski/snowboard. Any excess and you buy another seat and pop your luggage on the seat, as per easyBus normal t&c's.

The website will be live for booking at www.easyBus.co.uk and www.easyBus.fr on Monday 01st December in the afternoon.

This service will suit both tourists and commuters alike and those on a budget.

Cheers.

Andrew
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Chamexpress, any chance of stopping at Sallanches?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Not at the moment. Sorry. It's a direct service. One stop in Cham. So the quickest way to get there by bus.

Guess you could go to Cham and take the train backwards to Sallanches? Still be cheaper?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Bit of a coup for you isn't it Andy?

Will travellers be able to book the transfer by ticking a few extra boxes when they buy their flight or is it purely through the Easybus site?

Also, when will you be rolling out the EasyChamExpressbus to EasyMorzExpressbus 2015/16 per chance?
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Marcellus. Initially purely through the easyBus.co.uk and easyBus.fr websites from Monday 01st. Integration may follow in the future as additional routes are opened up. Can't comment any further than that I'm afraid.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Chamexpress, any chance of stopping in Chêne-Bourg? Maybe at the end of my street?
snow conditions
Anyone else experiencing problems booking on new easybus website.
latest report
Yes, the site wouldnt save my dates and kept jumping back to the beginning of February. rolling eyes Will try later. Smile
latest report
I got right to the paying bit,only options are paying with mastercard,visa credit,or visa electron, not a good start for them. rolling eyes
snow conditions
Ha, you were doing better than me then. Smile
snow conditions
Got my seats! Happy days Laughing
snow conditions
Same here, just hope it all runs smoothly.Let you snowheads know how we get on. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
friend saw one of the easyBus'es today in Cham!
snow report
A couple of my friends have now used this service, and have been very impressed indeed with it. No stops, no hassle. Just simple to and from direct travel. They really like the single route option with no drop-offs/pickups. A couple have been disappointed when it was fully booked and they've had to take something else.

I did see a negative rant on ChamSocial though, mentioning EasyBus in conjunction with ChamExpress, but I'm sure @Chamexpress know all about it. And all direct reports I've heard back have been very good.
latest report
Personally, I wouldn't want to trek through town from the train station with a suitcase and ski bag (unless I was staying at the Gustav). If travelling light, the easyBus would be perfect, though.
ski holidays
I saw my first easybus yesterday on the road from Geneva. Sounds a great service.
snow conditions
How long does the transfer between Geneva and Cham take?
ski holidays
Daleybou1234, depending on traffic and weather, about 90 minutes.
snow conditions
Cham social is full of negative comments it appears that lots of folks have missed flights already. As they say if you pay peanut ............
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cham social will always have negative comments: Most of them have never travelled with either chamexpress or easyBus but the posters can nearly always be traced back to those with a grudge against either me personally, the company, or indeed are simply posted by the competition and in particular Alpybus. Classic example over Christmas was the Alpybus airport manager Paul Double taking himself out to the coach/bus stop at Geneva Airport and looking for easyBus customers and telling them all the buses were running 3 hours late. Total b*****ks of course, but the usual sort of underhand tactics we expect from them.

Lots of egos in a very small pond. And some of the existing transfer companies are hurting - especially with the lack of pre-Christmas business due to the absence of snow.

All the easyBus vehicles are satellite tracked. So we know what time they leave etc. Happy We also know who is actually travelling on each bus too Happy

Andrew
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy