Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Having cortizone injection(s) for both knees in advance of the season

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Quote:

Wondering if anyone has experience of skiing on a recently aspirated/injected knee?

yes, I did, but the knee was still a bit swollen and it would probably have been better not to have done!

Since had an arthroscopy to tidy up some very untidy meniscal tears so I hope this year it will be better.

Good luck - maybe it will be good for your knees if you don't have much snow! Where are you going?

Oh, and welcome to snowheads. snowHead
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Good to hear I'm not alone and it can be done. Still limping a bit today, but should be okay by Sat. Fingers crossed.

We're heading to Arc 1800 for 10 days. Stopping halfway as the kids are young. Regular place for us as we have a little place there. V excited!

Good luck for your skiing this year and thanks for the welcome!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As a long time knackered knee cyclist (road and MTB) and skier who's had his knees speared and messed with I finally discovered a Ski Mojo

Would recommend them to Everyone, they take approx 20% of the load off your knees, brace them and encourage a great posture while skiing. Knees now are fine after a days skiing and I finding you ski harder and longer wearing it. Would buy another tomorrow

S
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, just got back from the trip. Thankfully missed the travel chaos.

The steroid worked and my knee went down nicely, steroid injection on Wednesday afternoon, drove Thursday night - Friday morning and skied on the Saturday. Snow wasn't great but skied every day, yesterday morning fresh powder (took it pretty easy and limited myself to 2-3 hours a day). Knees have held up fine, albeit with the odd twinge here and there. Will def look at the Mojo though. Back out in Feb, so hope my knees hold up until then.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
One well known side effect of steroid injections is something called "mountain lurgy syndrome"
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Remember that elite sportsmen are investments for football clubs/olympic teams etc. When you spend £10 million on a footballer you want him playing not watching from the side lines. Do they care that he will be able to ski/cycle/surf and be active when he is middle aged... probably not! Seen a few totally knackered ex-professionals.

However as amateurs who need to maintain our bodies to earn a living in our middle years, and enjoy sport we need to conserve what we have. I have severe OA of my lower back but manage to ski/sail/dive through exercise and not being daft.

I understandthat you should not have more than 3 steroid injections into a joint. I have seen guys in A&E who's tendons have literally snapped after too many due to the atrophy and loss of strength.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy