Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Alternative ski school - La Thuile

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone know of an alternative to the Valle d'Aosta ski school in La Thuile.

I ask because once again I have come up against an inflexible ski school office.

We're arriving in La Thuile on a Monday, first ski day on Tuesday and my partner wishes to join group lessons from Tuesday to Friday (four days). The ski school says it is only possible to do Monday to Friday in a group and private lessons are the alternative and, of course, much more costly.

This is similar to our experience in Saas Fee last season where a ski school were not even remotely flexible on group lessons. Happily, the official Swiss Ski School were as good as gold and very happy to sell us three days of group tuition.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We are having a similar issue, I have not found another ski school in La thuile, there are 3 on the La ros side but of course you can't guarantee that the link will be open. I will be watching for updates on this thread.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We are having a similar issue, I have not found another ski school in La thuile, there are 3 on the La ros side but of course you can't guarantee that the link will be open. I will be watching for updates on this thread.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LOTA, could you sign up for Mon - Fri and just be "indisposed" for the first day? Still a lot cheaper than privates. As long as it's not a beginner group you should be fine.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@pam w, That's what I thought. But having initially tried to book my mrs from Tuesday to Friday, the jobsworth in the ski school office said it would not be possible to join on Tuesday, even if we'd booked Mon-Fri.

How would these people survive in the real commercial world and without their monopoly?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@lilywhite, you might be interested to know that I've just had an e-mail from the ski school saying it IS POSSIBLE to join group lessons from Tuesday to Friday!!! Good news, but they might have said that earlier!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks LOTA we just want 3 days as planning a day at courmayeur and another at Pila.x
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy