Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grolle

Poster: A snowHead
I know, it is another ski&(dont)drink thread. But just remembered what a nice thing Grolle is after a dinner .... France is good for this - 6 weeks to go before my next Grolle.

I so far found that it is best in small, family run restaurants.

A recomendation for Meribel-Mottaret - La Vieille Creperie was the best so far (also food wise). After the dinner we started singing and after another Grolle we started singing even louder, which followed another genepi 'on the house' - our singing must have been damn good .... Smile
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I have a grolle, as it happens Madeye-Smiley

May have to take it on one of the bashes Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@mooney058, I would suggest Italy is better...
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Cacciatore, funnily enough, so do we, which I think we bought in La Rosiere or La Plagne.
Toofy Grin

@under a new name, not been to that part of Italy to try it there, must remedy that.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hells Bells, funny - I think mine came from either La Ros or Serre Che (it was a birthday present).

You know, I've never used it. Having just read the Wiki info http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grole I think a trial run tonight might be in order Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Cacciatore, research more a bit - first time it should be burned a bit, do not know how, but the owner of one of restos where I tried it first mentioned it (I think so Puzzled )
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mooney058, thanks - seem to recall something along those lines, now you mention it. Will do the research!
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Cacciatore, we have used it once or twice, but it mainly gathers dust in my kitchen cabiney.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
can't say I've ever seen one in Serre Che though.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
You may well be right - I can't quite recall when it was given...but it was after a trip to La Ros or SC. It also gathers dust on a cabiney thing in the livingroom Laughing
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I've never seen one used in anger. Rather glad to say that when we get those shots on the house in our local they are in individual glasses.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What is one?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If they gather dust so well are they made by Dyson? Toofy Grin
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've partaken in one at Chez Danny in Verbier before a torch light descent. My only recollection is of a rather large Sunday Times journalist landing on me in a big heap on the ski down afterwards. Confused Laughing That was in the mid 80s and funnily enough I've not tried it since. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
@geepee, Laughing

Shall I bring one along to the BB, in that case...?
latest report
@Cacciatore, It might be entertaining. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
We knew we'd spent too much on lunch in La Terasse at Lindarets when the Grolle came out twice Shocked Shocked
snow report
I guess you drink out of it, rather than smoke it
ski holidays
@Mosha Marc, yep. Passed around the table, turning it so each person gets a clean spout. Filled with alcoholic coffee.
snow report
@Hells Bells, yeah but after the third round everyone has everyone else's herpes.

The alcohol may reduce the risk wink
ski holidays
under a new name wrote:

The alcohol may reduce the risk wink

Funny, always thought it was the other way round.
latest report
No way does everyone get a clean spout! Not enough spouts!
snow report
Grolle action snowHead

ski holidays
How have I spent most of the last 12 winters in Savoie without coming across one of these unhygienic things?
ski holidays
@pam w, 'cos they're not terribly Savoyarde, more Italian. Although such boundaries in this neck of the woods, are, somewhat, fluid wink
ski holidays
@sarah, our old one had eight spouts. I have only one mouth.
ski holidays
Ah, but with eight spouts, unless there are eight or four of you round the table, and everybody pays attention, you'll still get the herpes bugs. They do sell them in our local Alpine tat emporiums, along with the whistling marmottes. I've not been tempted.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When we have had it in a restaurant, the number of spouts always corresponded to the number of people participating. Two of them were on the table if there were more than 8 of us.
latest report
The one in my pictures had only 4 spouts, there were 6 adults partaking Confused

I will put a straw in my pocket for this season now Laughing

They are actually quite expensive to buy and the more spouts the more expensive.
snow conditions
Most of us even if we are symptom free and have never had a cold sore in our lives will already be infected.
@pam w, if there were six, you had six spouts.
latest report
Why worry about sipping from a spout your friend may have used when you go snogging random strangers on your nights out.

Or is that just me? wink
snow report
@Mosha Marc, Laughing Laughing There are far more unhygienic things than sharing Grolle. The alcohol will kill most things, and wood has natural antibac/antiviral properties
snow report
@Mosha Marc, it's just you!

@Hells Bells, Thank goodness for that I will keep on Grolleing then Laughing
ski holidays
@Hells Bells, wink
snow report
@under a new name, santé Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Blocking the two adjacent spouts with your thumbs (as per the piccy) is required if you don't want to pour scalding hot coffee down your top. So any attempt at hygiene is futile. We've always nicknamed it "The Woodbeast", after the Flash Gordon bravery trial scene Skullie
latest report
@shep, you pick your nose with yours thumbs? wink
snow conditions
Quote:

if you don't want to pour scalding hot coffee down your top

I can't imagine it stays hot for long (it's not usually that hot even when you get your own cup!). So, you need a great collection of grolles to suit a variety of gatherings? To gather dust the rest of the time. Sounds a bit of a faff to me. Laughing
latest report
@under a new name, Laughing Laughing
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy