Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Langley Tignes 2100 hotel, opinions?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Looking at budget trip and some good deals about including the Langley Tignes 2100.

But, reviews are very mixed. Most acknowledge the place is at the budget end so don't expect much, which is fine and they give decent reviews on that basis. Some are downright terrible but maybe the expectations are too high. Biggest concern is microscopic rooms, reports of being filthy, rubbish food etc and most worrying is high levels of theft.

Are these just minor exceptions though and it's decent enough for the price?

Anyone been, particularly recently? What do you think of the place?

The attraction of it is cheap and the location, plus the Espace Killy area. I'm more about the skiing than the hotel. It's a place to sleep really, though it's half board stuff and if the food is terrible I'd rather eat out.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 26-11-14 14:31; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@deadkenny, Not actually stayed - but I do walk past it on the way to the pub most nights and can see into the dining room - its looks quite boarding school like and fuel rather than food. But the location is excellent. Not heard any scuttle in the village about thefts. If you are looking for a budget and are not coming early season (especially this year Sad ) have a look at Chalet Chardons in Les Brevieres - its budget but friends have stopped there and enjoyed it with few no complaints (one has been back 3 years in a row). Nightlife in Brev is limited but there is a good vibe at the Chardons and you can fall out of the Underground Bar - in terms of skiing its not many mins into the heart of the resort for a good skier and you don't have to clock watch that much to make sure you get back. A red run skier could easily do the far end of Val and back in a day.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
The rooms are indeed microscopic. The rest of it is all staff dependent, so last season's reviews tell you little or nothing.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I went there in March,To be honest for the price I thought it was good. Would have been happy to go back this year but the price was hight when I was looking and booked Italy now. (Cheap now I notice)
I did not notice small rooms but I went on my own last year.
The position like you say was great, you can almost ski back to the door and have a choice of lifts in the morning.
I thought the food was very good, above average for a half board I would say, there was one group kicking off big time about the food always being cold, but I never noticed it myself but maybe that's because I was on my own they could bring it out quicker, all the restaurant staff where excellent.. I always came down for food within the first half hour of them opening and always got a table strait away, come down much later and you will queue for a table.
There where a few issues with the room if you where fussy, shower tray could have done with replacing and a picture frame was falling apart with pins sticking out, but did not worry me ( not sure the other half would have been impressed but I would have taken her this year and just pre warned her.
Where I have booked this year the Hotel sounds very good so I know she will be happy, but not sure the skiing will be as good.
I never heard of any theft's while I was there, it was a bit odd with a ski room with lockers (take your own padlock) and a separate boot room which was just a room with shelf round and ONE chair.
Both right by reception so people ended up putting boots on in there.
If you want any more info just ask and I have some photos if that helps.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy