Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Where to go - Dec 13th/4th??

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Myself and the OH have the week before christmas off work and were hoping to get away to the snow. I've been very restrained and held off booking until now so I can bag myself a bargain and go where there is good snow. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Our criteria include:

1. Somewhere snowy!!
2. Preferably close to Geneva
3. Preferably accomodation Sunday-Sunday (14th-21st Dec)
4. Somewhere I can get some beginner snowboarding lessons and not have it be a right chore as I fancy giving it a go
5. Enough pistes to keep a 'good' intermediate skier happy
6. Not La Plagne (we are going there in January and don't like to repeat visit so close)
7. Budget is not really an issue - we'd like to keep it sub £1000 each all in (inc ski hire, passes etc etc)
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@Becstar, right now, especially in the areas close to Geneva, there's not much snow (the snow that fell a while ago is melting very fast in exceptionally mild weather). It's staying mild till at least the end of the week and that seems to be the case pretty well across the Alps. It then looks like getting colder but right now, I wouldn't book. Be restrained for a bit longer!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
With current condition - Val Thorens. But it's a 3 hour transfer. Ticks all the other boxes though.

I agree with @pam w - wait until mid next week and see if the snow has fallen closer to Geneva, and then book.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Only one place to go at the moment , Cervina , although you will see me going on about bleak it can be at this time of year when the weather closes in , its your only choice at the mo , just over 2 hrs from Geneva by car via the Mont Blanc tunnel . They have good Snow .
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Silver ski offers £299 from Gatwick looks pretty good.
Would have gone myself but flying to Buenos aries on 20th
No connection other than satisfied customer
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm not overly worried about the closeness to Geneva, if we can fly to Geneva and get good snow then great, if not then we'll fly somewhere else no problem. I think I will hold off a bit longer to book, just trying to get a better idea of our options.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
We're going that week to LDA which has had a decent share of the snowfall so far. There will definitely be skiing up top but am getting slightly nervous about the extent of lower level skiing. Need the temp to keep falling so the cannons can get to work.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I'm in the same boat. I'm eagerly watching the webcams waiting for the first substantial dump to happen.

I'm also watching the SilverSki deals but for information, as of a few days ago, they had one Chalet in Courchevel with three available in La Plange.

I'm holding off as late as I can, whilst trying to predict the possible hike is prices.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I definitely wouldn't be parting with any money yet. There will be loads of snow but when. Hopefully by 13th but all it will take is for a new high pressure system to set up and that will no longer be certain. .
If you had already booked for dec 13th I wouldn't panic but if you haven't booked yet I would hold off till I see some snow or even try to switch holidays.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Still not booked anyway, but forecast is starting to look more promising for snow next week. This hanging around is killing me. I think this weekend I am going to have to decide what to do.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@Becstar, I'd be deffo booking now before prices rocket, you'll get a great deal now if you take a punt.............St Anton (not close to Geneva but is that a deal breaker?) has a a dump coming this weekend and next week and pistes will be in great condition this time next week, also Tignes and Cervinia worth a look.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Becstar, zermatt could be the one. Giveaway prices currently in swanky hotels. Loads of snow high up there and nearly 50 % of pistes open
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy