Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis - No Snow

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know what comeback there is if you prebook skis online and there is no snow in your resort?

I have 'normal' winter sports insurance as part of my travel insurance.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@5RED, I'll bet there "is" snow somewhere. Resort will make sure of it. Where are you going?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have never been to a resoirt where there is no snow.

Where are you going and when?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@holidayloverxx, @Layne, Les Gets, Dec. 19th.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If there's no snow for lifts there at the time, there will certainly be snow at Avoriaz & elsewhere in the Portes du Soleil. Are you going with a company, or is it a trip you're doing yourself?
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Most insurance policies cover the eventuality of "piste closure" with a standard daily payment (usually £20 or so) and this is to cover you against not using your rental equipment. But, as the others have said, there is usually at least one lift running meaning it is difficult to claim on the policy.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@ArcticFox1, self-organised trip. I guess we'll bus it to Avoriaz if no snow in Les Gets.

@Tiger2, that's what I'm worried about, insurance companies getting out of a valid claim.

Do the bigger ski hire chains (or the store you hire from) ever give refunds if no snow in resort?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
There were no lifts running in Arabba for several days last February and no roads open to go anywhere else. Tignes sometimes closes down fairly completely because of high avalanche risk, too, with even walking around some parts of the resort prohibited. There is such a thing as too much snow.

If my holiday were spoilt with too much (or too little) snow I don't think my pre-booked rental skis would be a big worry. Anyway, when I use skimium I only pay a small deposit - not the whole lot.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@pam w, agreed on various weather factors naturally impacting an outdoor sport! Might try skimium, thanks.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've never been Les Gets and see it has an altitude of 1000m but with a good snow record.

IME resorts will bust their balls to keep the resort open, even if it means the punters only have a couple of lifts/runs to choose from.

If their is a lack of snow it may means you have to download in the lifts but I doubt the higher lifts/runs will be closed. All resorts are snow cannoned up these days. In bad weather they will keep the local lifts/runs open.

In short, I think you are worrying about nothing.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Quote:

In short, I think you are worrying about nothing.

It is a thing I do Confused Thanks all!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
5RED wrote:
@ArcticFox1, self-organised trip. I guess we'll bus it to Avoriaz if no snow in Les Gets.

Don't know what it's like now, but in 09/10 it was 1 euro for the bus to Morzine, and you could then hop on the Prodaines gondola to get up to Avoriaz. More fuss & time than just being able to ski from Les Gets, but still do-able. As others have said, I expect you won't have to resort to that though, and will be able to ski in Les Gets! Smile
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
1.50 euro now. The bus can also be useful if you've been across to Avoriaz and beyond and are too late back ( or to tired) into Morzine to catch the last lifts for Les Gets. There are links to the bus service here, although timetable not yet updated for this winter. http://en.lesgets.com/les-gets/practical-information/navettes.html. Les Gets has pretty good snowmaking facilities and you can be sure that they will be working hard to make sure that it is open for Christmas week.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@ArcticFox1, @Timc, great info, thanks!
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@5RED, if you try skimium, have a look online for a discount code. There usually are some.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy