Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new skis for my wife

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My wife is a very good skier--she has skied for 30 years--mostly the legs glued together ski instructor technique. We ski Sugarloaf USA (hard snow/ice)--she needs to graduate to the new shaped skis--she tried my K2 esacpes but she found them too soft (as I did). she is 5'8" 165-170# Likely won't ski the bumps, but rather groomed trails--some steep---What should she Demo??? Thanks Keroab
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
keroab, damp skis like the Apache X seem to do well for you, why not put her on a Burning Luv or One Luv to start?

By the way, if you're anywhere near a Sports Authority, duck in and check if they have a Volant Vertex 68 or Silver on closeout in her size.

Will you be up there for Reggaefest?
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sorry - thought you were offering to trade wink
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dave Burt, Laughing
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
keroab, Try her on the Fischer World Cup either slalom or GS according to what sort of turns she prefers - they'll both do the other. They're fab for a good female skier they're responsive and track brilliantly. She'll adapt quite quickly and she'll have to get her feet apart cos they're so wide in the tip. I've had a pair for a year and I LOVE them - I know I'm really boring about it!! Shock They also go pretty well in the deep (so stiff they slice through everything). Only snag is: they're horribily heavy to carry.

I wouldn't try a ladies ski as she skis so well - I still haven't tried one that was truly "performant", which is clearly what she needs.

ps: no modern ski instructor worth their salt would be seen dead with legs/feet together rolling eyes rolling eyes
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
In fact I was thinking of the Fischer RX 8--I skiied the RX 9 and almost got them--it was a tough call--I hear that the RX 8 is a little 'quicker' (wished I had tried them)--am I right?--I agree FEET APART-- I was also thinking of the K2 burnin luv--but it sounds like women's skis are not the way to go--any other suggestions on demos so she can compare it to the fischers?? Thanks keroab
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Elan Magfire 10
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
keroab, I really loved the Zag Rouge when I tried them, so much so that I'm going to buy some when the rocks disappear. Ise hated them, but he's a big guy - I'm a little lady!!! The burnin luvs are very popular, but not with pros, so as she's skied so long and so well, I'd definitely avoid lady skis. I did really love the Blizzard XLS which is a detuned slalom ski - very agile and quick and held OK on ice, but I don't know how they'd be in deep though. I know I keep on about them, but she could deffo demo the Scott Aztec as well. Perhaps the Volkl 5*???? Head have a nice detuned race ski as well, but I can't remember what it was called - red and white .............. She could also try the RC4 race which is a detuned version of the WC.

Have fun - you can tell her that it took me 2 years to learn to ski with my feet apart, but it was well worth it. Little Angel
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you one and all--thanks easiski--I'll be sure to give her your encouraging words-- Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy