Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best reasonably priced resort for skiing ungroomed runs without a guide?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
coddlesangers wrote:
deadkenny wrote:

Still, don't knock Europe (proceed to knock europe).... It's not cheap though, rooms are small, queues are long and disorganised and the French are rude Wink , and terrain can be a bit more restricted to pisted runs but it does vary. Some areas have a lot more variety and area to get off the groomed stuff. Some have some seriously challenging stuff, though I've always found it related to very steep stuff in icy conditions which seems frequent in Europe.

What a load of cobbled together generalizations that couldn't be less accurate if it tried. Rooms are small? Get what you pay for generally. Queues are long? Everywhere in Europe? Crikey. Terrain is restricted to pisted runs? Double Crikey.

Got to agree the French are rude though? Wink

Even my French friends agree and at least one of them acknowledges he's rude and he sure is Very Happy

But yes it varies. I've had great trips (mostly Austria) and not so great when it comes to queues and such. Worst for queues was Chamonix. Think it was knocking on 2 hours in one queue, no organisation and parents shoving everyone aside to push their kids to the front. Terrible crammed buses also and rude drivers. Nice skiing though and hotel wasn't bad for space I'll admit, not huge.

Got to understand that I've been very spoilt by years of skiing in North America Very Happy . It's very civilized and once you've experienced accommodation over there, everything in Europe is tiny. This year, 5 star hotel in Italy, nice place, but room was really tiny again.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
schneeflocke wrote:

You can assume that he knows what he is talking about as he is a much, much better skier than he lets on Very Happy because he is very modest.

But not so modest/controlling as to stop his missus blowing his cover wink
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Oh, cover blown. In a fit of even more modesty, I found a vid of me skiing !

http://vimeo.com/68696546

You will need to watch right to the end and that is my lime green ski pants doing their thing...under the closing titles.

Yad Moss is our 'local' ski area - about an hour by car from home and often as many as 5 skiable days a season Smile http://yadmoss.co.uk/
I suspect that @Ironmonkey has a better deal with Mt Cheeseman, If he lives in Christchurch.

I think we have fewer sheep and thus bigger grass tussocks.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy