Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone done a recent trip to Saint-Sorlin d'Arves, France

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi, I'm looking for somewhere different, quiet, ski in/out with good beginner/intermediate slopes.

Anyone done Saint-Sorlin d'Arves, France?

Were looking at Résidence Odalys L'Orée des Pistes?

Any info would be great.

Trying to decide on here or Montgenevre?

Thanks,

Mally
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is April recent enough? Wink

Day two (well, major day two) of this report:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2527043
Or day three of this:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2487193
Or day three of this:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=2247546

Nice place and the snow on the higher slopes around the Grand Perron seems to stay good. I've no idea how ski-in/out that place is. Most of the accomm seemed a way from the slopes but I'm sure, if it's far, ther'll be some way to get back and forth.

The transfer/drive up from the valley is long and twisty. In poor weather this could be a long and nerve-wracking experience.

I'd still say it's a good place for beginners - sheltered, sunny and with lots of quiet, gentle slopes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Haven't been since 2007 but will go back some time I liked the place. I put a review in the resort review section http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewpost.php?p=277919 Looking at the map its right up at the top of the resort so ought to be pretty much ski in/out. Fair march up the hill from the resort centre in the evening though.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Was there last March. It was my daughter's first skiing trip - the nursery slope was pretty limited, but once you got beyond that it was a good place for improvers. Also, a nice black run and a red -both with major bumps. Connects up to a wider ski area, so you can ski up, over and down into another resort. Nice restaurants and cafes. Our accommodation (Les Chalets de La Porte des Saisons )was OK but not great.

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g1021492-d1499578-Reviews-Les_Chalets_de_La_Porte_des_Saisons-Saint_Sorlin_d_Arves_Savoie_Rhone_Alpes.html
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've ski'd both St Sorlin and Montgenevre. Both are good but I'd go for Montgenevre as you can ski over to Claviere for some fun Italian food. Claviere has plenty of blues too. Only thing is Monty isn't so ski-in/ski-out.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I concur with@jammiefreerider, Montgenevre is great, but the only ski in/out is in the new L`obelisque area, which doesn`t give you many options, and is 400m from the schools. There is a bus. They were also very slow to open pistes at Xmas last year, when there was loads of snow that week, especially in Italy; the bashers were always parked up, eating and smoking! I have only heard good things about St Sorlin, and I guess it will be a bit quieter ?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Monty has lots of ski in ski out options
the chalets that the main tour ops offer are at the bottom of the village and are ski in/out to the main lift up to Gontrans area
the Oblisque area is ski in/out and since i was last there there is buton tow to take you back there from the valley floor. the only problem with that area is first time skiers need to walk or bus to the village centre for ski school, but once they can ski you can go up first lift from valley and ski back down to ski school no probs
also the ros magie hotel in town centre is just 20m from the main town chair lift so i would class this as ski in/out too, with the road now in the tunnel its just 10 steps down to the snow, all the cafe;s and bars are here too hence why only a couple of mountian restaurants as the ones in the village are so close to the first lift
Only the independent chalets in the main town may be a walk from the ski area.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
St Sorlin is a great resort linked to a huge area (les-Sybelles) where you can find lots of empty blues and reds even at peak times. Perfect for beginners or intermediates. It's not the best for ski in ski out though. Many places say they are but this is only if there's been masses of snow.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy