Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Carré Neige-Has anyone UK based claimed on this for repatriation?

Poster: A snowHead
If so what happened, did it replace your UK holiday insurance and did you encounter any problems.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'll watch this space then decide!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Come one, someone must have used it and claimed?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
No but another one watching this space. @Hells Bells, are you thinking of carre neige plus EHIC? We are.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@sarah, no it's not me, our existing policy will cover me for most of this season I think.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
@Hells Bells, ah ok.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@sarah, some discussion on another thread as to whether the amounts would be sufficient and whether repatriation would happen if you missed your original flight etc.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Subscribed. I thought it just got you off the mountain, and treatment ?
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@cstreat, that's what we are tryng to establish, as the websites of the companies providing the insurance mention repatriation within Europe
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Watching this with great interest as well
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was hospitalised and repatriated from France on First Direct Travel insurance if that is of use.

Carre Neige repatriation offer here : (in English) http://www.carreneige.com/en/the_guarantees_carre_neige_repatriation.php and more here: http://www.carreneige.com/accueil.en.html

" 9 – Does Carré Neige cover medical repatriation services ?
Yes, if you live in a European country, with Carré Neige you can benefit from medical repatriation via Europ Assistance to your place of fiscal residence without the need for advance payment.
* Geographic Europe"

" RepatriationIf you are unable to travel, Carré Neige will take you home, along with the members of your family. Totally practical!
> Mountain holidays are wonderful. But only if you're in shape to enjoy them! So if your condition prevents you from travelling normally, Carré Neige will ensure your repatriation and that of your children under 15, and even bring your vehicle home if necessary."
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
@Hells Bells, also watching.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@mishmash, we already did that on the other thread. We now want actual experience
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I had a guest last season who sucssefully (I assume - seemed like they accepted the claim at the time and guest never rung to say they'd changed their mind) claimed for an additional seat on a standard flight with this.

BUT, he wasn't a proper medical evac (ie he was on his normal pre-booked flight just needed a second seat) and he hadn't already used a transport option (ie he limped down to the medical centre and was treated there so no off-the-mountain or ambulance transport covered).

I've never known anyone do a proper big off-th-mountain+medical + repatriation claim through carre neige and I've wondered this for a while too. Would be massively interested to meet someone who had successfully claimed for two transport things eg helicopter off the mountain + medical plane home.

Can you link to the first thread @Hells Bells, I'd be interested to have a read too
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
mishmash wrote:
Carre Neige repatriation offer here : (in English) http://www.carreneige.com/en/the_guarantees_carre_neige_repatriation.php and more here: http://www.carreneige.com/accueil.en.html

" 9 – Does Carré Neige cover medical repatriation services ?
Yes, if you live in a European country, with Carré Neige you can benefit from medical repatriation via Europ Assistance to your place of fiscal residence without the need for advance payment."

Hmm ...."without the need for advance payment" could mean:
1. that they cover everything concerning repatriation, or
2. that you don't need to pay up front, they arrange the repatriation but you then owe them.
snow report
@Alastair Pink, precisely why we are asking.
snow report
@Snow and Sunshine, this thread is what prompted the question.http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=114208
snow report
@Snow and Sunshine, or Anyone else, Through experience I know that the Medical centres in both Bellecote AND Plagne Centre are both Private and not part of the system, and this is where piste rescue will take you, its credit card /cash only.
Do you know if these bills are claimable from Carte or Carre neige?

Similarly, the med centres call a private ambulance to take you to Moutier Hospital again is this claimable? Moutier Hospital happily accepts an EHIC and cash or credit card for the odds and ends (X rays etc)
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, to be part of the French system they need to be 'Conventionées'. If they are, they should be able to provide you with all the necessary paperwork to reclaim from NHS/CPAM,even if they are a private clinic, ( I am told 80% of them are still part of the French system). but if they are completely private, I don't see why you wouldn't be reimbursed. All French ambulances are private unless you are in a major road smash and they call the pompiers sapeurs instead, so would be reimbursed. Carré Neige allows you to claim back what the French system (and therefore EHIC) does not cover. Need to find a proper translation.
snow report
Hells Bells, Hmm, I have a suspicion the LaPlagne ones are completely private (purely based on the amount of French People waving bits of paper and then going off to get cash or credit cards!
Another question, I don't see any reference to 'Policy Excesses' DogTag appear to levying a £250 excess for each claim now Sad
Also, I can't find anything about pre-existing medical conditions, This adds £21 each to Dogtag costs Sad
latest report
I'm still trying to establish why this is even a question. Unless you want to self insure, and you're coming on holiday from the UK, surely the sensibel thing is to buy a decent wintersports policy, making the Carre Neige unnecessary and the repatriation point moot.

Puzzled Puzzled

Mind you, my seasonal insurer, Hoog Robinson, in 1990 included a Carte Neige. Which they topped up with everything else required. Presumably the cheapest option for them.
snow conditions
Quote:

I can't find anything about pre-existing medical conditions

the "exclusions" include the following:

les états de santé et/ou maladies et/ou blessures ayant entraîné des soins durant le mois précédent l’achat d’un forfait « remontées mécaniques » et dont l’assuré a connaissance, qu’il s’agisse de la manifestation ou de l’aggravation dudit état

ie any health issues or injuries which had required care in the month before buying the lift pass

I imagine that "soins" would include any prescribed drugs for such conditions as high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, etc.
ski holidays
@boredsurfin, I think even French citizens would have to pay and claim back from a private conventionée clinic.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy