Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vallandry to Tignes Les Boisses (and back)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
We are in Tignes Les Boisses for Christmas and my niece is working in Vallandry for the season. She has the idea that it would be nice to come over and ski with her cousins for the day. I wondered how feasable it might be without commiting either me or the OH to a long round trip (we'll have a car) at the end of the day.

I don't want to sound mean, but she's got all season to ski we only have the week and don't really want to spend half a day driving.

Is it possible for her to ski to Villaroger and get picked up there? And get dropped back there in time to get a ski lift back - she's a very competent skier. It looks a lot closer on the map but I don't know the area and would welcome some imput from those that do.

TIA
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
@snowlamb, if you've got a car anyway, Tignes les Boisses to Vallandry is only going to take you about an hour to drive. And if you wanted to meet your niece at Villaroger it would only be about half an hour drive. Be a nice ski for you at the end of the day from the top of Les Arcs to finish up at Villaroger!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@snowlamb, Your niece would probably be better skiing to 1600, getting the funicular to Bourg and the bus from there. If you want to pick her up then it is IME better to pick her up in Bourg than the drive up to Le Pre. The last lift out of Arc 1600 to get to Vallandry is about 16:30 so you will need to drop her off at about 16:00 in BsM and that would mean setting off from Tignes about 15:30. Bite the bullet, have an apres ski drink with her and drive her back to Vallandry.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@snowlamb, Your 6 day EK pass is valid for 1 day in Paradski. You could drive from Boisses to Villaroger (the left hand village on the Les Arcs piste map) which is about 15-20 mins drive - its way before Bourg. Meet up in Arc 1800 and then split when you need to return home.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@snowlamb, + 1 for either of the suggestions from @johnE & @chocksaway.
Another hybrid idea is for you to pick her up at Villaroger after she skis over there in the morning, drive to Tignes-les-Brevieres (it's closer than Les Boisses/1800 and has a big free park next to the lifts): uplift from there and then all ski back down there late afternoon for an apres-ski tipple together (small one for you mind - designated driver and all that); the others in your party can then take the last chair up to Les Boisses whilst you drive your neice back to Vallandry.
On a clear-sky evening, and if like me your enjoy your driving, it's a stunning drive back up to Tignes with moonlight glowing on the peaks - treat it as a mini-adventure bonus to your holiday snowHead
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@snowlamb
It all depends on how important it is to you and your niece to meet each other. Personally I'd rather spend the maximum possible time skiing in Tignes/Val d'Isere than travelling to another resort. If you decide to meet her, @chocksaway is spot on, subject to snow conditions.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
+ one for @chocksaway - villaroger lifts UP close early but you can ski down to it at EOD.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
chocksaway wrote:
@snowlamb, Your 6 day EK pass is valid for 1 day in Paradski. You could drive from Boisses to Villaroger (the left hand village on the Les Arcs piste map) which is about 15-20 mins drive - its way before Bourg. Meet up in Arc 1800 and then split when you need to return home.

Agree with Chocks. If you set off early you'd be able to get the first lifts up, so no skiing time lost. Just be careful with Xmas week as days off can be different to the rest of the season. Also has advantage of not having to get day Espace pass for your niece. wink
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks everyone - some very thought provoking ideas. I will put it to the team (there are 6 of us) but my favorite is with chocksaway, and a day skiing in Les Arcs.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy