Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Grand Tourmalet (Bagneres / La Mongie) at the start of December?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi it's that time of year again to start thinking about skiing again. Has anyone previously been to this area in the Pyrenees before? I'm thinking of heading there for the first weekend in December if there's enough snow. Does anyone have any recommendations of best places to stay - which village / weekend offers at hotels/apartments etc?

Alternatively, are there any particularly snow-sure resorts within easy driving distance of Pau?

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions as I'm new to the area.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The first weekend in December is the Spanish
holiday of st Nicholas, so it a nice time to ski as there
is some atmosphere and it's not too busy.
Luz st Sauveur is a good village to stay to
access 3 ski stations easily, Luz Ardiden, Cauterets and
Bareges/la mongie.
There was some snow last weekend and they are
hoping to try to open for 29th nov but
keep an eye on the snow forcast as more is needed.
The val du Roland apartments in Luz usually
Have offers in the internet and that's where our
Friends usually stay or if not hotel les Templiers or
les clos des ramparts are also good value.
We live in Luz and run our business there but it's not
connected to any of the above. PM me if you want more
information.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@dixon66, Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll have a look into those options this weekend. What sort of levels of snow do you have in Luz at the moment? Are all those resorts connected or is it easy driving in between? I may have a drive up to the mountains to see what sort of condition things are on the weekend of the 29th Nov (maybe try and get a day skiing in if things are opening then).
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I've not been there, but I've heard good things about Luz village and I think it could be a great place to visit on those dates, which, as dixon66 says, should be lively enough with the Spanish visitors! There are a handful of other French Pyrenees connoisseurs on sH who'll also be along shortly with comments I expect.

In the mean time, take a look at - and join in at! - the Pyrenees thread in the Snow Reports forum on this website.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
mark_ski_MTB wrote:
@dixon66, Thanks a lot for the reply, I'll have a look into those options this weekend. What sort of levels of snow do you have in Luz at the moment? Are all those resorts connected or is it easy driving in between? I may have a drive up to the mountains to see what sort of condition things are on the weekend of the 29th Nov (maybe try and get a day skiing in if things are opening then).

There is no snow in the village, which is fairly normal this time of year. The ski stations and higher mountains have 20-30cm. There is a promising weather change for monday/tuesday, so fingers crossed it will snow then. There is a bus between each station but its easy to drive to each. We are hoping for the 29th but I think its going to be after but I could be wrong. Its early days and alot of the alpine resorts dont open until mid Dec.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy