Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Should Wengen be nuked?

Poster: A snowHead
Definitely not. It's an extemely pretty place, hopefully well protected by the Swiss Air Force.

Photo: Swiss Air Force

But what are your views?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Fri 16-12-05 23:53; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Definatley not. Even the mere suggestion could cause a very damaging fallout for some SnowHeads.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Should David Goldsmith be nuked Twisted Evil
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
DGO. How many chalets in Wengen have those neat little nuclear air-raid bunkers?

I'm not saying that this is essential tourist information, but it might influence my choice of accommodation for a future visit.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
David Goldsmith, just about all of them plus there are comunity shelters as well. mind you how well any of them are actually equiped is another matter wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
What kinds of 'survival material' does one tend to find in Wengen's nuke cellars?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nazi gold and the Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies by Van Clump? Puzzled
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swiss chocolate ? Laughing

I have no idea really, thank goodness that such things are increasingly unlikely to ever be used.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
DGO, I don't wish to be alarmist but don't take anything for granted.

On your next visit it may be advisable to check the inventory of the bunker: bottled water, tinned and dried food, chocolate (as you rightly advise), any drugs which may assist with nuclear fall-out, cheese fondue set, etc. etc.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
No, because that would take out a few resorts in the vicinity that I will be in in a few weeks time and that would be my skiing down the crapper.!!! Shocked
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
JT,
Quote:

No, because that would take out a few resorts in the vicinity that I will be in in a few weeks time and that would be my skiing down the crapper.!!!

Nonsense, just think it through, it could be very advantageous wink
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Sorry, should the question be "Should Wengen be naked?". There was a very pretty barmaid there last time I passed through...
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Depends whether the Swiss behave themselves. If they do what Europe tells them to do, it probably will not be necessary.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
David Murdoch wrote:
"Should Wengen be naked?"

I'm not qualified to answer that, but maybe DGO could put that question to the director of tourism on his next visit?

Interestingly, the only reference to Swiss naturism I can find is for the Hotel Blumental, Murren, across the valley. Click here.

Can anyone 'shine any light' on this?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Swiss naturists is surely a juxtaposition? Much too untidy! rolling eyes rolling eyes
latest report
David Goldsmith, I think on the whole that that question should remain unanswered Shocked

Having checked with the relavent authorities I understand that they are now looking for David Goldsmith as they believe that anyone who can produce so much hot air would be the perfect inflator of their special ABM hot air ballons, the ultimate nuclear defense wink Laughing
snow conditions
Thanks, DGO. On balance, I think we should blow into alpenhorns together, on the foothills of the Eiger - that should be more than enough to repel any airstrikes.
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, perhaps but not today, there's a blizzard there at the moment
snow conditions
As long as it doesn't touch the neigbouring resorts Laughing
latest report
David Goldsmith wrote:
Definitely not. It's an extemely pretty place, hopefully well protected by the Swiss Air Force.
But what are your views?

My view is that's a copyright image reproduced by Swissinfo under the terms of the copyright from the Swiss Air Force which you've broken.
ski holidays
Thanks very much for pointing that out, ise.

Here's the story from which the photo was obtained. It's certainly credited 'Swiss Air Force'. What are the terms of Swiss Air Force copyright that you refer to? The photo will be removed if its use is unauthorised, which isn't clear from the caption credit - a caption credit may be sufficient if it's an image provided for publicity/public domain usage.

I've credited it, as per the SwissInfo usage. Do you reckon this is OK?
snow report
Update: the Swiss Air Force terms are given here.

What do you reckon?
snow conditions
paulmck,

It's not Nazi Gold it's Jewish gold!!
ski holidays
snowbunny,

Your place isn't that far away.... got shelters there..? NehNeh
snow report
petermillar,
Quote:

Depends whether the Swiss behave themselves. If they do what Europe tells them to do, it probably will not be necessary.

It is a bit like the English Govt rolling over to play obedient for the French - hang on a moment - but that really is happening
snow conditions
David Goldsmith wrote:
Update: the Swiss Air Force terms are given here.

What do you reckon?

I reckon most of the photo's and images on the internet actually belong to someone and are under copyright. I reckon you should be more circumspect in continually copying them to threads here.
snow report
No, what you did was make a specific accusation that I'd "broken" the terms of copyright of the Swiss Air Force, which was slightly unfriendly. It seems that the image in question had been released for public domain use, free of charge, requiring a captioned credit (which has now been inserted).

I'm not in the habit of wishing to upset the Swiss Air Force and genuinely appreciate your services in bringing the matter to my attention.

What publishing policy do you adopt on your own skiing website vis-v-vis the use of copyright images?
snow report
Did someone get out the wrong side of the bed this morning Puzzled Laughing
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Breach of copyright runs the risk of calling down an immediate air strike on the guilty party.
ski holidays
Acacia wrote:
Breach of copyright runs the risk of calling down an immediate air strike on the guilty party.

ehhh, so tomoroow there will be one less house in north london, coutresy of the swiss air force, c,mon be real Laughing . This pc thingy is going too far. rolling eyes No money has changed hands, the photo has been captioned,etc.......
snow report
hibernia wrote:
Acacia wrote:

ehhh, so tomoroow there will be one less house in north london, coutresy of the swiss air force,

I think the Germans have the copyright on that one.... Laughing
snow conditions
You'll all be relieved to know that the house is still standing, with yours truly under the stairs at the typing desk as always.

They tell me the stairs are good protection from falling debris.
snow report
David Goldsmith, My great Gran survive the blitz in London under the kitchen table, she was bombed out twice and the same table saved her life both times. It was a large oak kitchen table sadly eaten buy wood worm after the war.
snow report
Right then Im in Wengen right now so the answer is definately not, so there Razz
snow report
D G Orf,

What's the snow like, I trust you have updated snow reports...!!
snow report
D G Orf wrote:
Right then Im in Wengen right now so the answer is definately not, so there Razz

Sorry, you've lost me there, DGO.
The answer to what is "definitely not"? That the Pope is a Jew?
snow conditions
Or did you mean "definitely not" to "Should Wengen be naked"?

On that theme, if you see this man in a Santa hat anywhere within a 5-mile radius of the Kleine Scheidegg please arrest him

Original image source: www.minibite.com
snow report
D G Orf, go skiing Laughing
snow conditions
David Goldsmith, the rather worrying story behind this 'prank' was the devastating effect it evidently had on the family of two rather elderly, well to do ladies some 50 metres further up the slope. Apparently one of the unfortunate ladies had a stroke and tragically the other couldn't reach......
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy