Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

K2 coombacks in London

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anybody know where I can find a shop that stocks K2 Coombacks in London? I would like to see a pair in person, the length that K2 declares is very often not what it is in reality
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Not sure irbis but you could try asking the UK guys on there Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/K2SKISUK
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ski Bartlett stock them
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The original Coombacks in a 181/188cm measured "long".
K2 used to measure effective edge length - rather than length of edge before ski was pressed.

AFAIK the latest Coomba (2014/15 la grave model) measures more like other brands.
The lengths are also different - longest option is a 184cm (boo!) but it is a lighter ski.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@haggis_trap: I just got the 184 and it's nothing like 184, more like 190+. I am 180, had a 174 Coomback before and upon hearing the news that they measure more like other brands decided to buy the 184 this time. I am planning to use them touring so I don't want a ski that is too long, nor do I need one that is that long.

@chris: thanks, I will check Bartlett
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Checked with Bartlett - they only have the 2014 model which comes in different lengths. Any other ideas?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I have the 2013 model (the one with red La Grave cableway on it). do you mean you want an old model or a new one to look at?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy