Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travel Question - - Bourg St Maurice/Sainte Foye/Train/Car

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all

Would appreciate your help with a travel question....

We are heading out to Sainte Foye for Easter, leaving 28th March for a week. Flights are all expensive and Eurostar direct have sold out.

Do the SCNF tickets go on sale on the 28th Dec at midnight? Any idea on estimated cost?

Also.....if we choose to drive....would the traffic be horrid on the way down.

Next yr I will be more organised but we have just changed our holiday dates.

Thanks again!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:

Also.....if we choose to drive....would the traffic be horrid on the way down

No. Easter is nothing like as busy as the New Year/February holidays. Not a problem, especially if you give a bit of thought to the timing.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thank Pam. Did wonder if we do drive, maybe we could stop over in Paris for a few nights on the way back.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@CeliaCo, I would check when the Eurostar tickets are available for London to Paris. If we ever do an indirect train to the Alps we buy the Eurostar tickets as singles the day they come out. Then we wait for the TGV tickets and buy each leg the minute it comes out. The risk of doing this is that you don't know the prices of the TGV when you book the Eurostar. However you are not going in French or Belgian holidays so I think there would be a good chance of getting the cheaper TGV tickets if you are ready at your computer the moment the tickets come out.

We have always got the direct Eurostar to BSM and the cost for a family of four in school hols would be anywhere from £750 upwards. We paid a bit more than that last time as went in Standard Premier one way. You also have to count in the cost of a taxi the other end unless you are planning to use the local bus. I'd guess the cost of doing the indirect train would be anything from £600 upwards for a family of four but you could check with a company like Rail Canterbury for a better estimate..I haven't used this company but have seen them recommended on Snowheads.

As Pam says the drive should not be too bad that week in terms of traffic and if you take the car you will have the option of driving off to Tignes or somewhere for a day's skiing.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
CeliaCo wrote:
Thank Pam. Did wonder if we do drive, maybe we could stop over in Paris for a few nights on the way back.

A lovely idea but beware of Paris traffic queues. We got stuck in one for a couple of hours at the end of our summer holiday and missed the ferry rolling eyes Laughing

you could also stop in Paris if you went by train. There is a nice Novotel at Gare De Lyon.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

you could also stop in Paris if you went by train. There is a nice Novotel at Gare De Lyon.

Second that idea. We did exactly that this summer, and the Novotel at Gare De Lyon is good.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
do the drive..its easy. won t be that busy........we are doing exact same on that date.......stopping in Dijon overnight at Novotel then carry on to Ste Foy next day.

having a car might be useful if you want to go down to BSM or up to Tignes/VDI etc
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Also driving that weekend - Easter is fine for driving, done it many times now and never an issue
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy