Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Olympic To Work For?

Poster: A snowHead
My Nephew is considering a job with these guys for the forth coming season.

I don't know of them, anyone have any experience of the company as a guest or employee?

Cheers. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As a guest, variable. As an employee they sounded like one of the better ones. Can't imagine being with another TO to be better than them, and customers seemed to be often repeats and nice people generally.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I have been a several times guest. A while ago, but the chalet people were very good, and seemed happy. I'd encourage anybody who'd been offered a job with them to go with it, rather than some of the competition.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
@Mistress Panda, and @pam w, Many thanks for the info, appreciated. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Regular guest with them in the past - always very happy. Seemed to have a high percentage of staff (and guests) who returned each year, so I assume that means they were good to work for.

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Fri 14-11-14 23:56; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
We've stayed with them once in Tignes & they were good, staff were fabulous, chalet was lovely, no complaints from us Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Went twice with them last year (to the same place). Staff seemed happy and professional. Management superb. Each place seems to have autonomy though, so I suppose it depends on the quality of the management.

snowHead
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Thanks again, reassuring. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
several of their hotels are up for sale currently, including Vallandry - might just be a 'sale and leaseback' type deal however
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went with them a couple of years ago because a friend of a friend was working for them. She seemed pretty happy with the company, and was willing to recommend them for holidays. I'd probably take them over TUI. I always got the impression Inghams were ok, and I'd guess Mark Warner would be pretty nice to work for too. Guessing though
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
16 holidays from 96 on and some of the staff are now friends in resort - small friendly firm based in Doncaster. Lots of repeat clients and staff - he'll be fine (especially as the terror of Bernie and Maggie's inspections is over as they have handed over to the next generation!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Had lots of really good holidays with them and as many have said not only do they have returning clients but many returning staff
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
HaHa, I was a ski guide in 96/97 at Chalet Rosset in Tignes.
Great company to work for.
@chocksaway, speaks the truth about Bernie & Maggie.
FOB next to a guests name guaranteed good service. (Friend Of Bernie)
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@1 guest, I stopped twice at Rosset in early 97 and once at Terrachu. Kev and Rupert are still in the E-K..........
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@chocksaway, Yes, our paths have crossed. Still a regular visitor to EK
ski holidays
chocksaway wrote:
@1 guest, I stopped twice at Rosset in early 97 and once at Terrachu. Kev and Rupert are still in the E-K..........

Lots of Ski Olympic staff from the Rosset are still in skiing. Sian & Nick live down the valley near Aime, Sandy & Jane are in New Zealand.
ski holidays
We're talking of the days when TC and sandy seemed like fixtures at Chalet Rosset. Good memories of a period when I almost went their once a season Very Happy
ski holidays
We have been with them many times, to many places, and always found them good. The place at 1650 could be better, but it still has its good points. Unfortunately they no longer have a presence in Tignes, so we will have to find someone else sadly.
snow report
I'm working for them this winter for the first time, so it's been very reassuring to read this! I got very good impressions of the company from the interview, I'm really looking forward to getting out to France and seeing how things go.
snow conditions
Not a lot of people know this.
When he was unofficial plongeur, Sandy had a wee car parked in the basement of chalet Rosset, which was where he slept. We managed to upgrade him though and he spent many a cosy night on his mattress in the boiler cupboard behind reception.
An awesome skier, in the days before snowparks, I will always remember him pulling a massive heli' out of one of the bowls under the montblanc chair, resulting in a huge cheer from the captive audience.
Good times.
OP, great company to work for. Do it.
Bernie & Maggie, can I have my free holiday?
ski holidays
Had lots of holidays with Ski Olympic over the years. The staff were always great (bar one notable exception) and seemed really contented. Many return year after year. As always it seems that there is mutual exploitation going on: the owners pay pittance wages and the staff get the opportunity of a lifetime. Enjoy
latest report
@1 guest, Laughing snowHead great story. On a much tamer level, I remember staying in the "Mamiray" chalet in La Rosiere when something went wrong with the hot water. After a day of staying dirty, as cold showers were out of the question, we were trooped down, towels over our arms, to the much posher "Quatre Saisons" chalet to use their bathrooms. The residents of the QS tried to look polite and welcoming but were a bit put out. The Mamiray had an electricity system which was not quite up to coping with the big pull on power around 5 - 6 pm with dinner cooking and lots of hot showers and hairdryers going on. It regularly tripped out and we guests took it in turns to grope our way to the cupboard to throw the switch back on, having turned off a few appliances. A bonding kind of experience - our fellow chalet guests were delightful, not moaners and the staff coping well with a domestic kitchen not designed for the kind of catering they were expected to do.
ski holidays
My niece did a season for them in Vallandry last year & is going back this year. She loved it and after a dire prior experience working for Esprit - she really rates Olympic as an employer and they certainly looked after her. I just wish I was young and unencumbered again and could join them myself.
latest report
The staff were also excellent during the big storm in Mar 06 - there was no chance of getting busses up the mountain so the Mayor of Bourg threw open the gym as temporary accom for lots of stranded Brits. The Ski O staff went to Super U stocked up on bread cheese etc and lots of booze - quite a party was had in the Ski O corner. Contrast a more up market E=K operator - whose staff booked themselves into a hotel and were not seen until the road opened!
ski holidays
Quote:

The Ski O staff went to Super U stocked up on bread cheese etc and lots of booze - quite a party was had in the Ski O corner.

that's says a lot, doesn't it? snowHead My son started his cheffing-in-the-Alps with an upmarket operator in Val d'Isere. He'd told them what to do with their job before the first guests arrived - just the training week told him he didn't want to work for them. He lost his accommodation of course and had to freelance - some lean weeks in January - but it worked well in the end and if he'd stuck with the job he probably wouldn't now have the contacts to be able to earn some thousands of euros a week doing a fortnight's work in the Tarentaise each new year. Russians last season and probably this season too.
ski holidays
I was a little cagey with my OP as my DAUGHTER hadn't had the interview at the time of posting and I wished to 'sound out' the company in advance.

I'm pleased to say that the interview went well and she has been offered a job today.

Many thanks to all posters, it would appear that she'll be with an excellent company by the very positive comments that this thread has attracted.

I'd imagine that any Ski O management bumping into this thread would be thrilled.

Cheers again. Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
I also agree with comments on the general standard and feel at all the Ski O chalets. I've been with them many times and always found them well organised and happy staff. Real fond memories of the Roc Noir in La Rosiere with Dave and Karen running it with Rich the ski tech. Great times and always felt like part of a family when staying with them.
snow conditions
good news, @Mollerski, snowHead I hope she has a great season.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@pam w, Thank you. Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy