Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Keystone - Cat Skiing

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just noticed on the Keystone website that there are offering cat skiing, either with a guide from 10am - 2pm departing from the top of Dercum Mountain for $75, or from the top of Outback without a guide for $5 a ride. Has anyone ever used either of these services or have any comments about them? What sort of terrain is there at Keystone?
The $5 rides are advertised as avoiding the hike to access the Outback Bowls, are they any good? It all sounds like a good deal, almost too good to be true.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sounds like the RSPCA should be looking into that! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Outback bowls if its what I remember is only a 10 minute hike anyway - by the time you've waited for a Cat you'd be up there - plus its about a 4 turn run until if I'm thinking right.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I believe the cat from Dercum Mtn accesses two other bowls which lie to the north of the Outback Bowls, which are indeed a little on the short side. The gradient is probably medium. Make sure there's enough base; Keystone tends to get less snowfall than Vail, Copper or Breck. The terrain in general is a little less challenging than the other VR resorts, but there are some good long bump runs like Catskinner and good tree skiing on runs like The Griz, if the snow base is good enough. Some of the steepest tree skiing is in a hike-to area called The Windows, between Dercum Mtn and North Peak.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy