Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski School for kids St Gervais

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking to get my 12 year old daughter private ski lessons for a couple of sessions when we go to St Gervais. She skied last when she was 6 and then went for a brief 1 hr session at Hemel Ski slope and is confident but not great. Any ideas on an instructor or would Ski School be a better bet for 5 days?
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We go to St Gervais regularly and our little girl started with the ESF Piou Piou club at the age of three. The following year she went to the first stage of ESF ski school and loved it - all down to the instructor who spoke good English and a few other English kids in the class.

Following year she hated - instructor with poor English and no other English children. It was only her love of earning badges that got us through.

Season just gone - ESF, class of four - three of whom were English. She loved it.

So, I suppose with ESF it's pot luck on which instructor that you get and hope that there are other English children, too. This year (she is six) we're going to try BASS ski school (who are based at Megeve and run classes from St Gervais) for the Christmas trip and ESF to get the badge in Easter. BASS do private lessons but I'd not heard of them until the Simon Butler thread on here. I've not tried them yet but they'll have an English instructor and an English class.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Many thanks a very useful and full answer
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

they'll have an English instructor and an English class.

and guaranteed small group - which is great, and is what you pay for. Little Angel
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I can recommend ESF - We took 50 students 11-18 at half term last year ( we're returning this year) from beginners to advanced skiers. all instructors were great, spoke good English and made the sessions fun. Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy