Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Whistler Guide Service

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi

For whatever reason I will be skiing on my own in Whistler for three days in Jan. Was thinking of booking into lessons, as not keen on solo skiing. However, I have been told the guide service is a good option. Has anyone any experience they can share?

Thanks in advance,

Peter
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Heli-skiing is the way to go!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Three days of hell skiing, sorted Happy I wish I had the talent and the dosh Happy
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The guide service is a good social option. Experienced guides, often retired instructors, show you the mountain on a 2-3 hour tour. As you can do Whistler Mountain on one day and Blackcomb another, that is 2 of your 3 days accounted for. The service runs daily at 11.15. http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/events-and-activities/winter-activities/free-mountain-tours.asp

The advantages are that the tours are free and very social. The disadvantage is that they take place in the middle of the day - so you only get a couple of hours to explore for yourself either side of the sessions.

If you want more of a challenge, then take lessons - http://www.whistlerblackcomb.com/lessons-and-rentals/lessons/adult-lessons/max4-intermediate-and-advanced-group-ski-lessons.aspx
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
hi peter
if your there on a monday , do the ski camp , grouped together with similar abilities and 1 instructor per about 6 in class .
but the classes are three or four days courses full days starting monday mornings only .
did one last year can really recommend them .
and booked again for next year
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The free "tour of the pistes" thing may be what you want.

"Extremely Canadian" have some good local riders/ skiers who will work hard to deliver something a bit more serious.

I have commercial interests in Powder Mountain who'll take you out in a cat or a heli. Most resort heli is fairly mellow and relatively expensive. The cats are cheaper and you should get more vertical, plus they're less intimidating if you're unsure of your ability.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks guys. Day one is a Sunday, so think intermediate / advanced lessons is the way to go. Book early deal at 410 Canadian, four is a class seems a good deal. Phil, I Am there for 12 days in total. We may be up for some cat skiing once the rest arrive.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy