Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What tech fitting AT boots for ex telemarker?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never skied with a locked heel, but broken tele gear and a pair of dynafit radicals sat on my desk are making me think I should give it a try this year.

Sooo - what boots? Obviously fit plays a big part, but what would you shortlist?

I tend to do a mix of 50/50 resort / touring and being fairly light I'm going to try the dynafits in the resort.
I'll be driving Praxis Freerides & Lotus 120 hybrids as my quiver.
With nothing to demo, how stiff should I go? I consider myself a strong skier, but coming from a tele background I might even prefer a boot that has some flex to it but who knows (anyone crossed over from tele?)

Reading reviews, it seems like the best options might be Maestrale [RS?], La Sportiva Spectre or possibly Freedom SL or one of the Cochise range (although I don't perceive a need for a swapabble sole as I will never have a downhill binding because I never go skiing without touring gear and the possibility of some uphill).

Any thoughts welcome.

T.I.A.

Ben
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Why don't you just get a tele boot with dynafit inserts ?
Then you can do both Wink

There are plenty good alpine boots.
But the best one depends which fits your foot shape.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Have a broken pair of those already thanks Smile. Unfortunately they weigh a tonne, don't tour well, ski like crap in NTN bindings and probably suck as an AT boot due to the floppy bellows.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
P.S. As you obviously know a thing or two about skiing tele, what it your call on boot stiffness for AT - is an ex telewhacker likely to prefer a softer boot or will I love all that power too much and be screaming for the stiffest boot out there within 2 runs?
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I have the Maestrals RS and love them. Not sure what the implications are of converting from tele, but I would rate the RS at 110-120 flex, I'm a big lad so good for me, the non RS would be a little softer. One word of warning, these Scarpa boots like some others are a little narrow and high under the arch. They have a great liner and are very flexible in walk mode plus ski like a regular boot downhill. My only reservation would be their robustness, I've had no problems but they do seem lightly built, I guess that's why they are so light Very Happy
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy