Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for resorts that won't be (as) rammed at New Year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I did a quick search but I am hoping for any personal recommendations (resorts or countries) where New Year isn't the absolute busiest (lift lines and pistes) - I would like lots of blue and green runs but extensive with challenges. Any thoughts?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We have skied extensively at New Year at the 3 Valleys, Espace Killy and Aosta Valley. Relatively speaking, all have been ok at that time, so I would recommend any of them for a decent New Year trip.

All areas should fit the bill in terms of your requirements.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Not like this place then:

http://youtube.com/v/x04Vpbex1vw

(Turn the volume down first!)
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
ewe year presumably
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dont tell Neddyskigoon about this thread, he will never turn the computer off Happy
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
altis wrote:
Not like this place then:

http://youtube.com/v/x04Vpbex1vw

(Turn the volume down first!)

So that's what he gets up to when he's not posting on snowHead s Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@halfhand, Its like the perfect wet dream for him, sheep and sports equipment Happy - I hope hes not put off by an audience Toofy Grin
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Wildsmith, champoluc is quitee busy in the village but not very busy on the slopes. F'rinstance.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I ski in 3 Valleys (Courchevel) every NY and the queues are fine. It has pretty impressive free fireworks too!
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Leogang? Not on the tourist radar, but a good entry point to the Saalbach-Hinterglemm Ski Circus. Has the added advantage of a brand new 10-pers. gondola this season, in addition to the existing 8-pers bubbles, so uplift has been more than doubled. The long blue at the top of the Asitz (from the Chicken Man's shack to the mid-station) is one of the best blue runs anywhere.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
"is one of the best blue runs anywhere."

You mean there's any difference between blue runs? Puzzled

New year in France anyway is the busiest week of the year. We intend to escape to Champoluc, which last year was swamped in the village (most odd) but empty on the slopes. Weird Italians, eh?
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

You mean there's any difference between blue runs?

So you've not noticed that some are narrow and twisty, some are churned up crowded rat runs back to the valley, some are in shadow and are cold and icy, some are so flat that they almost go uphill, some are constantly intersected by other runs. The long run in Leogang has a reasonable gradient, is very wide, has no pistes joining it from any sides and there are stunning views in all directions. There is also the Chicken Man/Alte Schmiede/Asitz Brau area at the top and the Stockl Alm at the bottom, any of which are excellent watering holes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
One of the important things, skiing (in France at any rate) at busy times is to take advantage of lunchtime, when people are ramming the restaurants. Start really early (especially on 1 January), have a break and a snack around 11.30 - 12, then ski through till the afternoon ski lessons start. That can be a bad time, coinciding with people tottering out of the restaurants. If you don't want to stop then, making sure you are far away from the "front de neige" and main lifts used by the ski schools.

My son did a season in Val d'Isere and said even at the busiest times you could find quiet places to get away from it all, if you avoided the main bottlenecks. Get local advice.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
@quinton, fairy nuff wink

I'd just say nice run, and avoid the colouration.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy