Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

US champion 'big air' skier seriously injured

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
CR Johnson, one of America's leading 'big air' skiers, has been seriously injured while filming an aerial stunt at Brighton in Utah. The accident happened on 8 December.

The 22-year-old skier, who is based in California, was in a 'rapid-fire' jump where several skiers take off in quick succession. On landing he was reportedly struck by another skier in the group, Kye Peterson.

Johnson suffered a serious head injury and is currently in intensive care at a hospital in Salt Lake City. In this report from Freeskier magazine, he was said to have been in a coma, but this is not necessarily the current situation.

CR Johnson was reportedly wearing a helmet but the impact is said to have been "just below the brow".

Happier times for CR Johnson

Biography of CR Johnson, from his sponsor Smith Optics
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
David Goldsmith,
Terrible news, but it highlights both how careful you need to be and that helmets should not be compulsory.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Gordyjh,
No it just highlights that he was unlucky, and if the ski had stuck him an inch higher - he probably wouldn't be in hospital at all...

Best Wishes to CR and his family
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
This news:

Jenny from Salomon was nice enough to update us on CR's status:
I actually have encouraging news about CR! CR's sister has confirmed that CR's temperature has been dropping dramatically and that is a really good sign that the swelling is going down. CR has developed pneumonia in one of his lungs but the lung has been drained and it looks to be under control and a normal thing for this situation. CR is off of his medication right now and there are many other good signs for his recovery!

One of CR's closest friends let us know that CR actually squeezed his hand when he was finally let into see him! CR is still currently in a coma and right now it is still a waiting game. His whole family and many friends are down in Utah with CR.

All of the support from people all over the world, skiers and nonskiers alike, has been so amazing and unbelievable. Thank you to everyone for continuing to show your support and love for CR and to continue to send nothing but positive thoughts his way! Let's all hang in there for him and keep spreading the love!

Jenny Naftulin

..is good news Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
We see these guys in the movies, they perform for us at the most extreme personal risk, they leave us open-jawed at their aerial stunts ... and just occasionally things go very seriously wrong.

It's their stuff that fuels the adrenaline that gets us on to snow ... but it carries phenomenal dangers for them when the trick doesn't work.

Jenny, thanks very much for updating us. And please pass on some 'good luck' from any 'extreme movie-goers' of snowHeads.

Respect to CR Johnson for all the entertainment ... and sacrifice.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
P.S. Freeskier magazine has updated its news:

http://www.freeskier.com/freeskier/news.php?news_id=337
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Skiers across the planet have been sending him their best, as I'm sure all the other snowHead are.

I can't wait for him to return to skiing (fingers crossed), when he recovers I'm sure he will be out as soon as he can. Won't take something like this to keep him down. Just like Tanner Hall who broke both ankles last winter and is back skiing just as hard...
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
parlor,
Quote:

Skiers across the planet have been sending him their best, as I'm sure all the other are.

I can't wait for him to return to skiing (fingers crossed), when he recovers I'm sure he will be out as soon as he can. Won't take something like this to keep him down. Just like Tanner Hall who broke both ankles last winter and is back skiing just as hard...

Hear hear
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There's news of major improvements in CR Johnson's condition: he is now speaking, and was eating solid food on Monday.

This report from Sierra Sun.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
It is wonderful to hear that CR is on the mend. Best wishes for a full recovery and swift return to action!

Serious head injuries and spinal fractures do occur occasionally during skiing and snowboarding but not as often as you may fear. The reason people think these injuries are common is the disproportionately large amount of media coverage these serious injuries get.

The most common skiing and snowboarding injuries are not at all life threatening.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy