Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Laisinant - Val D'isere

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Everyone - has anyone stayed in this area? I've been offered a trip to a chalet and it sounds as though its quite close to the Laisinant lift so wondered if this is an OK location? Is it a fair schlep to town for bars, etc (I don't really want to use buses) and is that lift any good for accessing the EK area each morning? Does look like you can ski back almost to the chalet from what I have seen. Thanks for any advice!
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Quote:
Is it a fair schlep to town for bars, etc
I think so - though it is hard to say as I have only passed that way in the bus/car. It is away from the main town though.

The main run back to Le Laisinant from the top of Solaise is down an avalanche-prone gorge so is prone to closure. The alternative route follows the (closed in winter) Col de L'Iseran road to start with - a bit of a tedious stand up and go descent. It then joins a normal piste (steepish red IIRC) to get you to the bottom.

Quote:
is that lift any good for accessing the EK area each morning?
Yes. Once at the top you can go left to get straight to the Le Fornet area (highest bit of Val D - great snow) - or straight on to get lifts that connect you to the run down Solaise/over to Tignes.

For a change of access, it's really easy to get one of the free/frequent buses (why the problem using them?) to catch lifts from either the foot of Solaise in the town centre; La Daille; or Le Fornet. You can get to all of those points in a few minutes.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great access point, if you head straight up to Fornet in the morning you'll find it wonderfully quiet as you'll be able to beat the crowds (to be fair it's never that busy anyway).

You can still party at the Folie Douce way over in La Daille in the afternoon (should you wish to) then just get the bus all way back. I know you don't want to, but they are very frequent and easy to catch and you don't have to be on them for long.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Buses are dead easy in Val d'Isere, even at night. I wouldn't worry about it.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
It's a long and cold walk to town...you'd see plenty of warm looking people scooting past on the regular, reliable buses wink

It's a pretty good place to stay if you're keen to get skiing, and it should be a bit cheaper (or at least better quality for the same price) because it's out of town. I'd guess there's probably something in the evenings, but it's not the place to go if you're after apres. It's often much nicer to ski back to in the afternoon than the centre of town - the pistes aren't quite as busy or icy (I've chosen to ski back to Laisinant and then get the bus elsewhere quite a few times). There is technically a ski route from near the bottom of the Laisinant lifts that runs back into Val D'Isere, but don't think you could ski down this in the morning without a lot of effort...it's entirely flat and would be a long skate: the bus is a much better option.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Buses are frequent until mid-evening after which you want to time your departure to catch them (they run on time). I've stayed many time about half way to Le Laisinant and not found access to the main town a problem. The exception being catching the first two Saturday morning buses to Geneva, which leave before the bus service starts. Maybe the chalet would shuttle you for that.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best way to go to Val d`isere is to book transfer https://www.transfers-in-europe.com/destinations-FRANCE-Val-D%60Isere/ sure, you can go by car or bus as well, but I think, better book transfer
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Its a great place to stay if its a busy week. The only real bottleneck in the E-K is the Solaise on a morning - you will never have to wait for more than 3 chairs to get on the Laisinant lift. Its just a shame they don't encourage more people on the bus to laisinant to avoid the pushing and shoving in the centre of Val (and the beery breath in the queue!)
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for great advice
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy