Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Kuhtai school ski trip

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Jnr has bought home a letter for a chance to go on the school ski trip in 2016 (first school he has been to that offers one). He's been skiing for about 8 years now (will be nearly 10 years by the time he goes and probably the equivalent of a months more skiing). He skis to a reasonably good level, good control on anything we ski. Expense apart we'd quite like him to go on it as he's only really ever skied with us or in ski lessons - plus we might get a quiet week at home Embarassed .

Those with Kuhtai and/or school ski trip experience... as a relatively experienced skier is he likely to get frustrated at the skiing opportunities? Or is the "having a laugh with his mates" factor likely to offset that?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kuhtai has terrain to get seriously rad - pro-level rad. I would assume they won't be doing much/any real offpiste though..? It also has a pretty good park with a big pipe - big enough for Shaun White to make the trip. The ski schools seem to play there quite a bit.

I can't think of any of the pistes that stand out as being particularly difficult, but I haven't made any effort to look either tbh. There's lots of safe ungroomed snow between pistes that takes surprisingly long to get tracked.

The lift served runs are relatively short in terms of vertical descent; the resort kinda feels like a bigger version of Glenshee.

There isn't very much going on in Kuhtai other than skiing so at least you won't have to worry about him getting lashed at apres though wink

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 5-11-14 10:22; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@clarky999, thanks. I'd imagine/hope even at 14 he won't be out getting bladdered (although he does often ask for a taste of my drinks!). Maybe he'll be in a group where they take them to play off the side of pistes etc... He will be going to a fridge with the school most weeks so he can get an idea of whether there is likely to be a group of more experienced skiers.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
My daughters worry about school ski trip was that as she was a pretty reasonable level skier she would either be bored or put with the older kids who just wanted to smoke, drink and do other things.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
heading there in Jan with the family - so can report back. From what I can see, the piste skiing does look reasonably limited but I'm hoping that the snow conditions will be excellent. The fun park was quite a big draw for us as my eldest (17) is taking a pal with him and they will spend a fair bit of their time there, along with my youngest. From our experience with school ski holidays (eldest and middle kids), the 'advanced' group tend to stay with their instructor all over the mountain - ie no instruction, just guiding and having some fun off piste and jumps etc. That was France on both occasions but I can't imagine the Austrian model being too different.
Having a quick look on the website today they're expecting a further 25cm of snow over the next 2 days Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks all. I think Jnr is hoping there will be a group of reasonable skiers who'll go all over the mountain as you suggest @boabski.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy