Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

My mates new best mate en route to the Antarctic :)

Poster: A snowHead
So have a very good mate who does have a tendency to go off all over the place skiing.

Currently he's en route to the Antarctic (ski touring) - to get there is quite a prolonged journey, and just had this email ..................

Aah....
Arrived Ushuaia late last night and met the only other guest (not in team hotel till tomorrow) - a skier who I had a quick word with last night when we both checked in - This morning he
introduced himself as Seth and we had good long chat over breakfast. From Colorado - v nice guy - then the penny dropped: I'd seen his name on Sluggy's skis!! (And my gloves).

I quickly realised the only thing our skiing has in common is that we've both never done it in the Antarctic.

Anyway my new ski buddy is Mr Morrison !

(and as Per's skis are somewhere in transit he maybe doing the trip on my old mantras which I brought as spares.)
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Who??
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
@emwmarine, http://sethmorrison.net/ perchance?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hazarding a guess

http://youtube.com/v/9wA_I9Swg_U
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Indeed Seth Morrison, for those that don't know he's up there with the likes of Shane McConkey and Glen Plake.

A mate of ours had some of his signature Seth Pistols which were a big mountain "bad ass punk" twin tip ski that also kicked up a really anti social spray off the back.

It's like the equivalent of the likes of David Beckham or some other super star footballer sitting down for a chat and you not really knowing who it is until they introduce themselves to you.

Though no doubt some on here will disagree with that statement.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Weathercam wrote:

A mate of ours had some of his signature Seth Pistols which were a big mountain "bad ass punk" twin tip ski that also kicked up a really anti social spray off the back.

Are you still talking about football?
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Weathercam wrote:
It's like the equivalent of the likes of David Beckham or some other super star footballer sitting down for a chat and you not really knowing who it is until they introduce themselves to you.

or (as a friend of a friend did) sitting in the La Grave lift having completed your first ever run there and pointing out lines ("that's Triffide 1 and people actually ski that" etc) to a random american dude who turned out to be Doug Coombs (RIP)
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@Weathercam,

Who knows your mate might feature on a new video wink

If he is going to use your mates spare skis tell your mate to get him to sign them " Thanks for the loan of the skis in the Antarctic" snowHead
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
@speed098, it's the guide whose skis are lost in transit - in fact one of the reasons they get down to the port a few days early from where the boat goes from (takes nigh on three days to the Antartctic) is that skis and luggage often fail to turn up, and a bit of a mild catastrophe if you've booked that trip and have no gear as there are not that many ski rental shops down there Smile

Suppose you could always join the other groups that are on the ship going down there as it's not just skiers that charter it, but twitchers, photographers, trekkers and wildlife groupies etc etc

There's more here about the whole Antarctic thing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
@Weathercam, sick.

Is this the IceAxe Tours thing? I'd LOVE to ski Antarctica, but the cost is pretty mind-blowing...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Arno wrote:
Weathercam wrote:

or (as a friend of a friend did) sitting in the La Grave lift having completed your first ever run there and pointing out lines ("that's Triffide 1 and people actually ski that" etc) to a random american dude who turned out to be Doug Coombs (RIP)

Lol, it's like the reverse of GNAR.

"Yo Hoji, have you skied the Harikiri in Mayrhofen?? I hear it's, like, the steepest black run in the WORLD!"
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Mine - wandering down to breakfast in very modest Chilean B&B. Hmm thst guy looks a bit crusty with those dreads wonder where his dig on a string is?

Kaj Zackrikson
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
@clarky999, yes IceAxe tours - cost is $10,000 excl flights and then you have to get insured for the trip cost my mate $480

This is the team doing a bit o training presumably ship to Zodiac / Zodiac to shore transfer.

latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
^ Looks like a goretex/ primaloft/ knitted beanie fantasy camp.

In decades to come will today's ubiquitous look attract the same mirth as the fartbag/neon graffiti of old?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
@Dave of the Marmottes, my mates gone tooled up in Paramo gear (Enduro range) that should confuse them all with the token Brit walking around in that gear. Though the guide he was climbing with in the Summer (when you might recall was a tad wet at times and who is one of the guides on this trip) was most impressed with the gear as Tim and his son were so dry wink
ski holidays
Just in from Tim - not for the faint of heart...........

Hi

Just back to mainland Argentina . Hurricane force 12 winds in Southern Ocean for most of 2 days +( 600 miles) in Drake Passage (S of Cape Horn). Wind speed gauge broke at 108 knots!!!

Lots of tales to tell……and as well as the “surfing” in our ship the skiing was something else too……nothing prepared me for the spectacle of Antarctic

Cheers

Look like he got some of this Toofy Grin

http://youtube.com/v/CG5SouF96TQ
ski holidays
I hope your mate gets his skis autographed with a magic marker!!
snow report
OK article review finally up of this amazing trip.

Feedback has been really good.................

"Thanks so much for such a thoughtful interview — really great insights for future travelers"
Ice Axe Tours
latest report
theres a SH just reached the South Pole, he didnt mention any celebs though. Must have been a huge disappointment Toofy Grin
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy