Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt from Tasch

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm staying in Tasch 26th -30th Dec 2014 with the intention of skiing in Zermatt. I had my first ski holiday there and was terrified by some of the reds, I've been on a few trips to other resorts since so am hoping to return and conquer!

Looking at the SBB website it seems trains only run until 18:00 which will mean a prices taxi if I miss the last train back due to apres excess. Is there much taxi sharing between Tasch and Zermatt? Do buses run at all / later?

Also any idea where I'm most likely to find ski locker availability? Guess it will be busy at this time of year!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Trains run from Zermatt to Tasch every 20 mins until 23:30, then hourly.............

http://fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/stboard.exe/en?

Enter your dates/stations
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cool! Not sure how I managed to get the wrong end of the stick on the SSB website Very Happy
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@afeak80, As far as lockers are concerned, the main consideration is flexibility - you don't want to store them at the KM lift if you plan to use the funicular. If you're hiring I think some rental shops will store them at the end of each day and have them ready for you to pick up the next morning from a different lift station. Maybe someone will be able to tell you if there are lockers at Tasch station.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
@afeak80, By the way , there have been lots of improvements to lifts and interconnectivity between the 3 main areas over recent years so it may be quite different to when you were last there
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Awesome I think I was there Dec 2011. Would have been nice to stay in the village but could only find one place that had availability and they wanted £800 per night, Hotel in Tasch was £150 per night, still steep but do-able. Just counting down the days now.....
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I think there are lockers at the banhof but it's been a while. This would be a good option as you will always start and finish there whichever area you ski.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy