Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Austria set for big dump.......

Poster: A snowHead
Just heard from a friend out in Neustift that Thursday is going to bring a huge dump of the white stuff (this is from local ski instructors)

Not sure what they class as huge but guess it is more than the tiny amounts SNOW-FORECAST are predicting.

Fingers crossed as I am out that way this weekend !
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
As if we didn't have plenty already. Which is the smug grin smiley?? Only 11 more days!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow-forecast are saying 40cm+ for Neusift
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
rooney, snow-forecast are predicting a load towards the end of their 6 day forecast, which I always take with a pinch of salt...
ski holidays
 brian
brian
rooney, and Switzerland and France .... but Friday/Saturday is more likely wink

Mountains exposed to the North will tend to be favoured I think. A couple of feet is possible if you're in the right spot snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Just as long as it stops snowing by the 24th and we get glorious sunshine for the next seven days, please Snowgods wink
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
26 days to go woo hoo ?

Chris Bish, bev bish, where are you off to ?
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Brian,

Any idea for the regions around Geneva? Have flights booked and no accom yet, considering Morzine or La Clusaz at the moment?

Are they in the right spot to get a few feet Wink

regards,

Greg
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
gregh, Go to La Clusaz because I would like a 1st hand report of what its like Very Happy
latest report
 brian
brian
gregh, Yep, currently looks like snow arriving there early Friday morning. Freezing level probably something like 1200m lowering right down to 500 or lower on Saturday.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Only got access to the three day snow forecast so couldn't look that far ahead.

I want lots of snow but don't imagine that visability is going to be that good this weekend Sad
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Paul Mason, Saalbach - we are there at the same time as Rachel Q and hope to meet up. Spyderjon and Debs are in Kitzbuhel at the same time too! snowHead
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
cheers Brian, any idea how much they'll get? Snow-forecast has 40-50cm for Avoriaz Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bev bish, NEVER, EVER pray that it stops snowing in a ski resort! You're there to ski not to sunbathe for a whole week...
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cedric, I watched a Warren Millar vid last night and it showed a scene where Verbier was completley shutdown for over a week due to extreme snowfall. Didnt catch what year it was, probably around the time of the Galtur Disaster.
latest report
but, Frosty, I'd bet some lower resorts had some awesome tree skiing at the same time......
latest report
 brian
brian
gregh, I don't think that sounds unreasonable, but forecasting precipitation amounts is pretty difficult (as you've no doubt seen from some of snow-forecast's less than perfect efforts).

Put it this way, as the charts look at the moment, I'd be amazed if they got less than 30cm.
snow conditions
Very Happy Smile Laughing
latest report
Looking at the forecast it looks like Austria will take the full force with Northern Italian Alps etc getting loads too...Snow-forecast are predicting aroung 30-50cm for Northern Italy (Where I'll be in January Toofy Grin ) Lets hope this comes true.....
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyone think that this much snow might cause problems during the day ??

Don't want to get out there to find that I can't ski for the whole weekend (Thur to Mon in Neustift)
ski holidays
Frosty the Snowman, well I was in Lech back in '99 when the whole resort was inaccessible for five days, even by heli, and only the lowermost lifts were still functioning. At the time I was annoyed with the continuous snowfall...but now I think I was wrong.
snow report
Cedric, Whats wrong with sunshine? It makes the mountains look beautiful and I like to see where I'm skiing. We could come to a compromise where it could snow every night if you like when I'm tucked up in bed. snowHead
latest report
bev bish, can happen but it's rare. The trick is for the snow to fall just enough to keep everyone happy, but not enough for major shut downs due to avalanche risk. Happens mostly in dreams Very Happy
snow conditions
bev bish, that would just be perfect. Snow all night and sunshine all day Very Happy

I was in Val D about 1988 when so much snow fell there was no skiing for five days. Fortunately we were there for 2 weeks, so still had a brilliant time.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
What's so much snow though?? How much was falling every day / night?
latest report
rooney, so much snow that none of the lifts were open, avalanches were booming regularly, some set off by the pisteurs, others naturally. There wasn't a car visible in the streets, they were all completely buried. I watched some seasonnaires diving head first into snowdrifts from second floor windowsills Shocked I guess they knew there wasn't a car buried underneath Very Happy

Great fun toboganning on the nursery slopes though, which was just as well as that was about all we could do.
ski holidays
Oh well - find out in a couple of days.

Just spoke to my friend who is skiing there at the moment. He has been told that 1m will fall at the weekend !!!!!

Glad I've got a Citroen C2 for the journey !!

Toofy Grin
ski holidays
lets hope so, going to Zell this Sat snowHead Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
The White Ring Race around Lech has been cancelled due to the snow falls that are due on Saturday and Sunday.
snow report
Yeh, only 17 sleeps left till Bad Gastein - bring on the snow!
snow conditions
RachelQ, I'm with you on the toboganning if the going gets tough! snowHead
ski holidays
bev bish, although I think I've seen more accidents toboganning than skiing Sad
snow conditions
Hi,

Yes the local TV is predicting 1m of snow for last night and today - so far we have had about 10cm.

Looking at this there is a lot more to come:

http://www.wetteronline.de/dldlradf.htm

Report back later

Nigel
snow conditions
Just checked the Saalbach webcams. Can't see a thing, its all white.

snowHead
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy