Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skis carriage on EasyJet

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi Guys

Do EasyJet allow the usage of Ski-coffins for main luggage, or do these actually need to booked in as Skis? also how strict are they on weight of hand luggage?

On their website Ski carriage is substantially more expensive, and with BA/Swiss I typically just pack everything in my ski coffin.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
You need to book a long bag as skis. They are strict with anything that has to go in the oversized luggage.

In terms of hand luggage they are more bothered about the dimensions, and I have been on flights that the dimensions have been strictly enforced. Anything too big and it has to go in the hold, at a much higher price than booking online. They have two sizes for hand luggage. Look at the website about the sizes as if it is a busy flight they will move "larger" hand luggage into the hold as well, unless you pay for speedy boarding
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Does anyone know if EJ counts skis + boot bag as one item? There was a post here that said they do but a bit old and pointing to a link that no longer exists.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
OK looks like I'll be booking BA Smile

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 30-10-14 11:59; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yes it is counted as one item as long as you keep to the 20kg limit, recently checked this info. when booking flight to Geneva.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
@Kelv1n, what @wakoski, says. I did flights to Milan from Luton with EJ back in April when I went skiing for a week in Cervinia and had my 20kg double ski 'roller' bag as main hold 'oversized' luggage... not cheap as you say though, I think it added around £60 to my flight ticket IIRC. You're right to seriously consider BA, I usually try them first...
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Kelv1n, if you are going to drive to UK airport then BA worth a look. Up here in the North BA only goes to Heathrow, so flying to GVA is always Easyjet on a DIY trip. I just see the baggage as part of the ticket price
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@chrisb, I'll be flying out of Heathrow or Gatwick.. I've avoided the usual "budget" airlines in recent years, as more often it works out more expensive.. I've looked again at both BA and Swiss, Swiss work out just a little cheaper Smile will book it later this afternoon.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
BA Geneva going via Heathrow from Leeds is an option if your not fussed about the stopover times
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Done the calculation and for me, LGW to GVA, EJ + skis is slightly cheaper than BA. Not much in it though.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
EJ have no weight restriction for hand luggage. As said above they have 2 allowances

Quote:
Option 1: ONE piece of cabin baggage no bigger than 50 x 40 x 20cm including handles and wheels. Guaranteed to always travel with you in the cabin.

Option 2: ONE piece of cabin baggage within our maximum allowed size limitations, 56 x 45 x 25cm including handles and wheels. On some busy flights your bag may have to go into the hold, at no extra cost.

What this means is if the overheads are full they will put larger bags in the hold FOC.

Speedy Boarding does help as you get on first and therefore first dibs on the space but if you are late to the gate and have SB but the bins are full your bag will go in the hold.

I got hit a few months ago at the gate for £50 as my cabin bag was too big. I'd used the same bag for years and been fine as it fitted perfectly in the bins. However, I fell foul of an over officious gate agent who made me put it in the sizer. It would not go in because the wheels were sticking out and stopped it. The issue is that EZY use solid sided sizers while other airlines are generally metal frames and protrusions will generally pock out a bit. It forced me to buy an new bag for my weekly commute as I wasn't going to take the chance of being hit again. The irony is my new bag takes up exactly the same amount of space as the old back but the wheels don't stick out so much.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
dogwatch wrote:
Does anyone know if EJ counts skis + boot bag as one item? There was a post here that said they do but a bit old and pointing to a link that no longer exists.

Hi, Did anyone answer this point? I have looked at the Easyjet website today and it is quite clear that you only get one item up to 20kg if you book skis. That would mean taking skis + boots in a double ski bag but you could not take a normal ski bag + boot bag. I find this hard to believe but who knows with Eastjet? Has anyone got a definitive answer on this? Cheers
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Paying for skis has included a separate boot bag for the last few years. @wakoski checked and replied on 30th october above.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
When you buy ski carriage you're essentially buying 20kg extra hold luggage allowance in a ski bag. You can put over 20kg in the ski bag so long as the extra weight comes off your other hold bags. ie if you'd booked 1 hold bag and 1 ski carriage you could put 25kg in your ski bag so long as there was no more than 15kg in your hold bag. Handy if you have a big double ski bag with 2 sets of adult skis and 2 sets of kids skis......
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy