Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

71 year old lesson in resort

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My 71 yr old step dad will be coming away with us in January for his first trip.

He has currently had 3 lessons at Hemel and will be having one a week until Dec school hols and one or two just before we go

Just trying to decide what to advice when we get into resort

If he goes into ski school, he will probably be level 1

I worry that most will be much younger and within a couple of days he may be lagging behind
He may also feel like he's holding them up
On the plus side he will be skiing with others

The other option is a 2 hr one to one for the first 3 or 4 mornings
I'm sure his progression will be far greater and it will all be at his pace
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Private may well be a better way - where are you going - people will then make recommendations.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Les Arcs 2000 but may use Spirit in 1950
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I would edit the title of this thread to include Les Arcs - a Paradski expert like rob@rar will then be back in a flash.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good on him, I'll be happy to still be skiing when I'm 71 never mind just starting. Respect. snowHead
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
chocksaway wrote:
I would edit the title of this thread to include Les Arcs - a Paradski expert like rob@rar will then be back in a flash.

It wasn't really about who to use, more about ski school or private lesson

I think private is the way to go, as long as he can afford it
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@Neville, if you speak to the school sufficiently in advance he may, if that's his preference be sent out with someone near his own age.

Or someone of around 19 with a hot bod, nice bottom and a cheeky smile.

In fact, many schools have pix of the staff online, he can request who ever tickles his fancy, so to speak.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name wrote:
@Neville,or someone of around 19 with a hot bod, nice bottom and a cheeky smile.

Where's this again? I suddenly think i'm in need of a lesson. Razz

I arranged a lesson in Tignes a couple of years ago for my 3 mates and the instructor that came to meet me was indeed young,blonde,blue eyes and had a lovely smile - i thought straight away that they are gonna love you - it was like i was delivering them a present snowHead - in hindsight now i know why they didn't ski so well the rest of our trip as maybe they didn't concentrate.

As to the OP - fair play to your stepdad for taking up a fabulous activity - if he's already had a few lessons here in the uk then he'll already at a good starting point and have a headstart on some others in a beginner ski group as for some it may be the first time they've put skis and boots on so i wouldn't worry too much about him holding them back. Plus many ski schools (especially the bigger ones) will have multiple beginners groups and what tends to happen is that they shuffle people around during the week if some progress faster than others.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy