Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Nassfeld Austria

Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone been to this resort who would kindly give me a run down of the Pro's and Con's?

Thank you in anticipation.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pros: pretty much no English and Dutch "skiers", so I can really ski without someone annoying me Wink And yes, that huge plus for me Smile Normally really good conditions, even though they don't open as first ones in Austria. Almost no blue runs (this can for some go also under cons). Relatively big resort with pretty good (quite new) lifts, and in December, January and March perfect place for GS/SG skis Wink
Cons (at least for some): basically no apres ski, and certainly nothing after 5pm, unless you make it yourself in your own apartment. A bit remote, even though it's not all that far from Klagenfurt, Ljubljana or Trieste.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There's Apres ski in the Cube, although best suited to younger groups who want to party ...

http://youtube.com/v/_qlnqK9YVYo

http://youtube.com/v/6dBGm53lW6c

http://youtube.com/v/IRzBvvVkkAw
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Here's my big trip report on Nassfeld with some photos which you may find helpful. I went in 2009, so there might be some new lifts since then. EDIT: apparently not in fact! So you're stuck with the annoying T-bar to get back to the 80 Carnia, boooo.

http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?p=1151559&highlight=nassfeld#1151559

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Tue 28-10-14 17:12; edited 2 times in total
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HoneyBunny, if I remember right, just one for now Smile I don't really remember year, but one t-bar (now chairlift is Mossern-Bahn Warm up, but forgot what T-Bar is called, but it goes from Rudnigsattel t-bars up to end station of Millennium express) was replaced by chairlift in last few years. No idea if Warmup was don't before 2009 or after 2009, but if it was before, then there's no new lifts since then. They started to work on new chairlift replacing old Rudnigsattel t-bar lifts this summer, but chairlift should be ready for next season not for this one. So at least for year, we are stuck with Rudnigsattel t-bars.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Warm Up was there when we went in Jan 2009, I can't believe they've not replaced that T-bar to take you back to the 80 Carnia yet. Horrible lift.

I assumed there would have been some investment in the past 5 years!
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Anyone want an update on this area or ski-ing in carinthia or Ost Tirol in general let me know as we now live in this area.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
@theskibug, I will be spending a week in the Ost Tirol 30/1/16-6/2/16 after three weeks in the Tirol and having never been there before would appreciate any advice. Please pm me if that helps, thanks in anticipation.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Sorry only just seen this, been a bit busy decorating house and ski-ing. NehNeh

Hope you had a good time, unfortunately think you will have just gone from the area before the major snow fall.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am frequent visitor of Nassfeld Ski Area. Regarding T-bars. I think they replaced all of them. This year they constructed new Rudnigsattel 6-seater chairlift – replaces the two T-lifts Rudnigsattel Lift I + II with seat heating, weather protective cover, child safety lock. In previous years (from 2009 Smile they also replaced T-bar at Warm-up ski piste.

I think there are only few t-bar lifts left and all of them are located on beginners slopes.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Yeah there are just a couple of short easy ones close to the Italian border. New heated chair lifts are great!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Follwed the snow (50cm new) down to Nassfeld at the start of the month, here are a few pics

My track on the left ...

latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
DB wrote:

http://youtube.com/v/IRzBvvVkkAw

Awesome skiing, awesome terrain.

Thanks for posting.

Been on my radar for a while Smile
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Mike Pow wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Nassfeld is one of those resorts that sometimes sees a large dump of fresh snow even when other resorts see very little snow but it's very hard to get the timing right. The day before I visted Nassfeld the offpiste was green, I checked the weather reports one day before and booked just a few hours before jumping in the car and driving 4.5 hrs down from Vienna. A day or two either way and fresh powder tracks would not have been possible.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB wrote:
Mike Pow wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Nassfeld is one of those resorts that sometimes sees a large dump of fresh snow even when other resorts see very little snow but it's very hard to get the timing right. The day before I visted Nassfeld the offpiste was green, I checked the weather reports one day before and booked just a few hours before jumping in the car and driving 4.5 hrs down from Vienna. A day or two either way and fresh powder tracks would not have been possible.

Great to know. Thanks.
latest report
DB that was 1st of March? If yes, then you followed my trails on photo #4. When I came down that one, there was still noone going through that Very Happy But I still wonder how I missed that church on photo #1. Where did they put that one?
ski holidays
primoz wrote:
DB that was 1st of March? If yes, then you followed my trails on photo #4. When I came down that one, there was still noone going through that Very Happy But I still wonder how I missed that church on photo #1. Where did they put that one?

Yes 1st March after the big 50cm dump, it snowed again the following weekend but I had to drive back on the friday. You must have been on the very first lifts as I went down there around 10 am, were you alone or in a group? If you look very closely at the church you will see the kids yellow slide behind it (It's a kids slide in the form of a tower) - yes I'm that gnarly that I skied past the kids area and thought that it would make a good photo. snowHead I was skiing some powder at the side of the piste and it caught my eye.

Die Welt ist ein kleines Dorf.
snow report
Yeah I was there really early Smile It gets tracked really fast, especially when everyone around there have school holidays and it's really full. So in cases like this, I rather wake up a bit earlier and be on first lift Smile Otherwise I was alone. I live about 1h drive away (depending how fast you drive, so it can be also 1.5h) and when I saw weather report like that, I just decided to jump and go. But I rather stayed on a bit easier slopes and avoided fun part on other side of the hill near Trogkofelbahn gondola, as avi situation was everything but good that day (which proved pretty extensive search action under Trogkofelbahn gondola hour or two later).
For church I know it's not real one, but I still can't place it anywhere. It somehow looks like close to top of Warmup lift, but I'm skiing that part quite a lot and still don't remember it. And yes it makes good photo Very Happy
For weekend I was on WC races in Kranjska Gora, so no skiing for me that weekend. But if you will be around next time, let me know beforehand Smile
ski holidays
Only skied Nassfeld once before around 10 years ago so don't know it that well, plus I was skiing alone so spent most of the time skiing off the Rudnigsattelbahn.

Tried the offpiste on the other side (Garnitzen II?) later in the day it was heavy, one run of jump turns and I was out of there.

From memory I think the church is just off run 63 below the Kofel centre, on your left as you ski down looks like thats the reservoir behind it.

http://www.bergfex.at/nassfeld/panorama/

Thanks for the offer will be sure to drop you a message next time I head down there again, likewise if you are ever up here in Vienna and have time for a beer let me know.
latest report
Warmup lift is the one take you up to Kofel center and looking lift up, 63 is on right side. So I guessed area where it was set, but honestly I have no recollection I would ever see it Very Happy
I was first mostly under Rudnigsattelbahn, then made few runs around Trogkofelbanh (gondola on right of Rudnigsattelbahn if looking up the lift) and then moved for few runs on Gartnerkofel and FIS chairlift. It was great for few runs, but snow got really heavy fast as it's south facing slope. But fun part is one nice bowl behind hill just under the top of Trogkofelbanh gondola. But in my opinion it was way too sketchy that day to try there, even though I saw quite few guys going in that direction. But that bowl is pretty steep and with that weak layer of graupel just under fresh powder, it was pretty much guaranteed to slide.
Will let you know when I'm in Wien next time Smile
snow report
@primoz,

Looks like it could be Nassfeld's time again .....

https://www.bergfex.at/nassfeld/wetter/berg/
snow conditions
Nassfeld are reporting 80cm new snow
snow report
And level 4 on avi report. wink I had plans to get there yesterday, but got scared and picked Goldeck. It was still good snow, even though only 50cm new, but terrain is just too mellow, so no really good riding.
snow report
@theskibug, @theskibug, Dear Pete and Rachel, found you through the forum and read that you had done a few seasons at Nassfeld. I'm looking at moving out to Austria and buying an apartment house. We'll be there for a month Feb/Mar 18 for skiing and house hunting. Did you buy any chance make some notes or a record of your experiences in Carinthia? We'd be most grateful for any top tips and key takeaways from your time there.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy