Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Anyone skied Les Angles or Font Romeu in the Pyrenees?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I have friends who have relocated to SW France (near Perpignan, so handy for cheap flights with Ryanair) and now live just over an hour's drive from Les Angles and Font Romeu. They would like me to spend a few days with them in Jan skiing one or both resorts. Has anyone skied in either? Are they OK for a two/three day trip? Any recommendations on where to stay or eat please? Thanks.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hi FionaG, they are fine for a few days. They're on the very edge of the Pyrenees, so you won't find deep alpine scenery, but the area is beautiful in a different way, and there's enough skiing to keep you entertained, especially at Les Angles. I strongly recommend buying the full Neiges Catalanes lift pass, so that you have the option of another three or four nearby resorts too, such as Espace Cambre d'Aze. They are all small scale, but each makes for a perfectly enjoyable day trip, and things are cheap there.

I don't know much about food and accom in that area, though we ate a fantastic and cheap steak at one of the more rural mountain huts at Font-Romeu / Pyrénées2000 (possibly at the Col del Pam sector?) a couple of years ago... one of the best value meals I've had in the Pyrenees! Any of the surrounding villages will be nice to stay in, and I suspect that the little non-resort villages will be even nicer than eg Font-Romeu proper. Don't prioritize proximity to the pistes; the area is really easy to drive around, and you'll get more out of the trip by exploring.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I found I was bored half way through the second day in les angles, we had flown to france for a two day break and went to les Angles. It was nice, but if you ski fast, you will have it all done after lunch the first day, and then it's repeat. I suppose though if you are staying just down the road it isn't too bad, still better than a snow dome.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
From Perpignan, Grandvalira is only a quarter of an hour further than Font Romeu.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Onnem wrote:
From Perpignan, Grandvalira is only a quarter of an hour further than Font Romeu.

I think it's more like 45 mins! (And longer if you're staying over in a town that's nicer than Pas de la Casa, or if you want free slope-side parking).

My understanding was that the OP was going to do a holiday to Perpignan to visit a friend, and fitting in some skiing in a local resort. If the skiing is in fact the sole focus of the trip, then there are various resorts worth considering, including Grandvalira, that are all within a similar radius. The Neiges Catalanes places are good for a day each, as pointed out, but are a world apart from Grandvalira (not in a negative way, particularly). Chalk and cheese really! Depends what kind of skiing experience the OP is looking for.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks everyone for the useful info. We will only be going skiing for a couple of days of my trip, so will probably stick to Les Angles and Font Romeu and/or Espace Cambre d'Aze as we don't want a really long journey.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy