Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Travelling St Anton to Gressoney

Poster: A snowHead
I'm trying to work out how to get from St Anton to Gressoney on a Feb 1st 2015. Any ideas? I can get a train to Geneva but then it gets tricky.....doesn't seem to be any bus transfers. Thx.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hire car?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
LCtravelbug, Have you looked at going via Zurich and Milan ?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@LCtravelbug, I don't imagine there will be any bus transfers from Geneva. You could maybe get to Courmayeur (or Aoste) and train from there?

Otherwise a bit of a lengthy and convoluted train journey and the last leg up the valley might be tricky. Mind you some years back a chum got herself from Alpbach to Champoluc, so it must be doable.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks for suggestions....I think it's possible but will take a very long time! I won't have a car.....may go the day before I need to. Crazy.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
LCtravelbug, I had looked at the train times for Zurich-Milan, I think it is doable. There are buses from Milan to Gressoney, though maybe not on a Sunday, or train to Pont-Saint-Martin then bus or taxi.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
@LCtravelbug, it's not really at all crazy.

The number of people in the world who want to do that journey, as far as I can see, is exactly 1.

Difficult to build an infrastructure pitch around that number.

And, you know, there are lots of great big rocky obstacles in the way.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Lots of options, but none of them quick or cheap:

. Train to Geneva (probably change at Zurich), but a bus from Geneva is tricky, you can get to Courmayeur, then a train or bus from there down to Pont St Martin, then get a bus or taxi from there. It's a pain, I'd avoid this.

. As rjs said, train to Milan via Zurich, then train or bus to Pont. I reckon this is your best bet.

. Train to Milan, via Innsbruck and Verona - never done this, I suspect it will be cheaper than going via Switzerland, but will take a long time and involve a few changes, but certainly do-able.

. Fly from Innsbruck to Milan or Turin, then train to Pont. Could be pricey, not sure if there are many flights.

. It might be cheaper to fly Innsbruck or Zurich to London, then London to Milan or Turin. A bit bonkers, but it might just work.

. Hire a car, it'll take at least 7 hours though, so a long way if you're on your own.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thank you all for ideas and comments. Indeed Freerider, realise I'm a bit crazy. Ha ha! I made a few daft trips across alps last year to join pals...some pricey trains but Italien buses good value. Anyhow, I shall continue looking up timetables. I also now have offer of a lift from Courmayeur from others on the same off piste course in Gressoney..... if I can get there at right time.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Hitch.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
@LCtravelbug, No help but are you doing the Snoworks course by any chance?
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Yes Bene I am! You too? Never been to Gressoney before....looking forward to it, if I get there.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have a space loosely reserved-which is to say it's mine until someone else shows and interest where I will have to cough up or pull out. As a rule I don't like booking too far ahead but just fancy this week however it adds up compared to the other SW trips but it's really good from a social aspect for a solo skier-so I find myself wondering if I could do pretty much two weeks for the price of one! No it will be awesome snowHead

What group are you putting yourself in? Do you have mates on the course/done one before? Can chat via PM if you prefer.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Happy to chat re PM. I have done several SW courses over last few years and think they are terrific. How do you send a PM via snowheads?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
LCtravelbug wrote:
Happy to chat re PM. I have done several SW courses over last few years and think they are terrific. How do you send a PM via snowheads?

Click the little grey "+" by the user's same (just left of the text you are reading right now), then click "PM".
ski holidays
I don't think this is too difficult.

Train to Innsbruck, change in Innsbruck to Verona, in Verona change to Milan, and then to Pont, and then the bus.

Alternatively, there is an overnight from Innsbruck to Venice, and then speed it across the top of the boot from Venice to Milan.

all connections should be pretty good, in fact could be a direct from Innsbruck to Milan.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy