Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Suggestions for resorts with creche facilities

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone got any suggestions for a good hotel/chalet with creche for and 18 month old.

My wife and I were thinking of taking a long weekend with three days skiing and a little bit of gentle sledging with the wee one to dip his toe into the alpine experience.

I'm relatively open minded to resort/country but we would probably be driving so the closer to Calais the better.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pow,

TBH I'd start with the Mark Warner website. The chalets hotels are never as smart as you think that they should be for the money but that's because you are really paying for the childcare which we have always found excellent (3 ski holidays, 3 summer holidays). Their target market is pretty much you. Having said that, not sure that they do long weekends.

Second thought is that do you really want to do that drive both ways for a long weekend with an 18 month old? Depends on the child I guess.

If you do then you could consider La Fleche D'Or Hotel in Le Bettex / St Gervais. St Gervais is one of the easiest drives. The hotel is right on the piste at the mid-station (in a group of a few hotels, shops, restaurants). It doesn't have a crèche but the ESF one is 100m walk across the piste. At the back of the hotel is a gentle cross-country / snow shoeing track which is ideal for messing about with a sledge and there is space to build snowmen etc. We had good holidays there when the kids were very little. It is great being able to get from ski run to creche to hotel pretty much instantly. The view from the hotel terrace (And many of the rooms -- ask for a Mont Blanc view) is one of the best in France IMO.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks jedster

I've been in touch with La Fleche D'Or Hotel and I'm on the verge of making a booking for the first week in Feb. We've decided just to go for the week as the only way to drive there without the wee man having a melt down is to do most of it over night so it wouldn't be worth it for a long weekend!

My only issue now is getting in touch with the nursery. I've been trying to get in touch with Garderie Des Neiges (I think this is the one you were talking about across the ski slope?) but no reply through email or phone. I'm guessing they maybe shut down for the winter hence the radio silence. Puzzled

I don't want to leave paying the deposit on the hotel too long as I'm sure it will fill up fairly quickly so I think I may just take the chance that they'll be able to accommodate us at the creche... Is that a reasonable assumption?

Thanks again!
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
@pow1985, http://www.maerchenhotel.ch/fairy-tale-hotel cannot recommend this place highly enough for little ones.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
pow,

That is the nursery. I think Bettex is pretty much shut until the start of the ski season so it doesn't totally surprise me that they are not responding but that is a pain. I'd suggest asking La Fleche d'Or to help. They will know the key staff at the Garderie and may be able to contact them directly. If they know it is going to be instrumental in getting a hotel booking they should be quite motivated! The couple that run the hotel are very nice.

good luck
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm nearly there Jedster!

La Fleche d'Or is booked, the creche is booked, the chunnel is booked... I just need some advice on snow chains... The road up to La Bettex looks quite tight - do you think I should be taking snow chains with me?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy