Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes ski routes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
....Ski routes / naturide runs, whatever you call them.

I'm heading to Tignes in January and was hoping to get some advice about the ski routes in the Espace Killy. I've been to Tignes a couple of times before and have covered most of the groomers including the likes of Face, Sache etc, but the conditions haven't been good enough for many of the ski routes to be open. I was wondering how the ski routes fare in terms of difficulty compared with the groomers like Face? Ski route 'golf' looks like it pops out right near our apartment, so was interested to know if this is doable as an advanced skier? Equally, is there any others you'd recommend?

Thanks! Very Happy

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sun 26-10-14 13:55; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
In general the unlisted naturide pistes are much more interesting, quieter and much more challenging. Just how much more challenging all depends on the snow conditions of course. I've posted about Paquarettes before (it is really steep). Some like Paquarettes are actually quite hard to find as they are not all clearly sign posted- in general the ones you have to look for are the ones you want to do! On hard ice / crusty death cookies crud they can be a bit scary. We went down a very badly vied up and bumpy Silence one morning this April (me, Mrs red and 2 little ads) with another family who had just arrived and were looking for a challenge- actually I'd got a bit lost and thought I was going down Sache. Various adults followed us and we all had a very interesting time…..
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Golf is known as the 'bus stop' run, as you have to catch a bus at the bottom - it's reportedly very steep but normally has good snow as people avoid it due to the lack of a nearby lift. If you're an advanced skier you'll be fine on it I'm sure.

A fun run is Aiguille Percee - off the back of the Eye of the Needle - great in good snow.

Silene mentioned above is quite long and very tiring as the moguls on it are huge in places. I didn't enjoy it at all and bailed out halfway down.

Paquerettes and Grizzly (both off the top of Toviere) are short but very steep and heavily mogulled - I've not skied either of them, they look terrifying!

I have skied Envers de Campanules which is also off Toviere and joins into piste H, but the moguls were surprisingly icy and it's a lot steeper than it looks from the chairlift.

Others I've not tried are Guerlain Chicherit, Oeillette and Epilobe.

Basically, if you like steep runs with moguls, you'll like them all.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I seem to remember skiing silene once before; very mogulled and icey all the way down. Not much fun at the time. I guess, like everyone, I'm hoping for a dump of snow before I arrive and then to find an untouched ski route somewhere (I don't have off piste equip), all for me me me. Happy I don't mind moguls, but wouldn't want endless moguls all day long, it's bad for zee knees.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
HoneyBunny wrote:
Golf is known as the 'bus stop' run, as you have to catch a bus at the bottom

The Golf itinerary run seems to be getting the name of the 'bus stop' run although the original 'bus stop' run is the Glattier run which finishes between Tignes & Les Boisses. You need to check the bus timetable if you do this run as the busses only run every half hour.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
The Golf Naturide does have a steep bit which is also a natural snow trap - if you stay skiers right and traverse round there is a large expanse of less jaw dropping steeps - you can ski right back through some of the chalets in chartreux (it used to be called Tourneval - but seems to be named after a caterpillar now.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy