Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski hire & storage in Saalbach

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just about to press the button on a Christmas week in Saalbach. Some of the cheaper hotels are a longer walk from the lifts, which is fine, but what are the options for ski storage?

A couple of years ago in Serre Chevalier we picked up our skis from the shop each morning and dropped them off each night - this worked really well, as we could just wander into the square each morning in our normal shoes and leave them at the shop.

Are there any rental shops in Saalbach which offer this? I know Hansi comes recommended but it'd be useful to know if we can store skis there overnight rather than lug them back to the accommodation.

I note there are lockers by the Schattberg Express - are there usually plenty available? I don't want to make a hotel choice on the basis of storing skis here and then find that we can't get one!

Thanks all!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jenniper, Ski Pro, Intersport, Snowacademy and Sport 2000 rental shops all allow you to leave your skis and boots in the shop overnight, just as you did in Serre Chevalier. I'm not sure that Hansi offers this - but you could ring him and ask.

Where are you staying in Saalbach? Nowhere is really further than about 10 minutes from the lifts/centre.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Sport hagleitner just beside the schattberg lift also offer this service. We found them to be very efficient.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Thanks both - sounds like there are plenty of options!

Not sure where we will stay yet - I don't mind a long walk in boots but I can't really be faffed carrying skis for a ten minute schlep (especially after a few gluhweins!)
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Missed Hagleitner of my list - they are very nice people in there too. Ski school Furstauer are also opening a rental shop in the village this season, so you're spoiled for choice.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy