Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mayrhoffen any helpful tips

Poster: A snowHead
Having arranged lads ski holidays for god knows how long in France I pretty much know all the resorts / runs and hotels , but when it comes to Austria I am at a loss .
Several of the lads have suggested Mayrhoffen and I have been able to find a number of hotels that seem to be centrally located and within budget , but are there any specific tips to be made aware of , i.e is there a specific lift to aim for a better ski area , is there a certain area of Mayrhoffen we should look for the hotel to be in . where are the best après ski bars , where are the best slopes , which are the fastest lifts , are there any “ dead end lifts “ that only serve a small area . is there a ski bus , any useful info would be gratefully received .
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
gwatts10, first of all: Mayrhofen has no real ski in-out so don't expect it to be like France in that regard.

The skiing is high up though, the main Gondola in Mayrhofen is the Penken which is very busy in the mornings and end of afternoon. There are also regular buses up to the Hintertux area.

The nightlife is lively and right next to the Penken is the Ice Bar for Apres.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
tha train down the valley is free with the lift pass . so plenty of other resorts as well . ie zell am ziller ,kaltenback . both within half an hour and great areas.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
i`ve stayed at a few in mayrhofen. i would`nt go for H/B . plenty of great places to eat out. the best place i`ve stayed was the eder http://www.eder-mayrhofen.at/index.php?lang=en . very nice ,but not very handy if you want to use the train. the obermair http://www.crystalski.co.uk/ski-resorts/austria-ski-holidays/mayrhofen/hotel-obermair/ is good , it`s at the bottom end of the town but the ski bus stops right out side. this year i am staying in the pramstraller http://www.neilson.co.uk/ski/austria/mayrhofen/gasthaus-pramstraller . great location . bus stops nearby and only 2 min walk to the train station. also dose single rooms at no extra charge.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Bruckenstadl is vastly better for Apres than the Ice Bar. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
as said above bruckenstadl and ice bar are the main straight off the slope bars . or get the horberg lift down and try the yeti bar . later on try mo`s , scotland yard , apropos , and the strass sports bar , which has a great singer on . really gets the place rocking.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
A good tip is to come down the penken before the afternoon rush, head up the acorn get a drink at the icebar and then there's a nice long red back down to town.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
francium. wrote:
...head up the acorn get a drink at the icebar and then there's a nice long red back down to town.

That idea isn't nutty wink , but I think you meant the Ahorn..... Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I am a big fan of Mayrhofen, good skiing and great Apres Ski.

You could also look at apartments, you can find them on http://www.mayrhofen.at/ or http://www.homeaway.co.uk/lettings/austria/mayrhofen/r10506
If you search by Map find something as close as you can to the penken lift station and you'll be close to all of the Apres ski as well.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Thanks to all , 2 hotels are on the short list Post hotel and Gast Hof Brukke , which is right behind Ahorn . Just checking prices . Thanks to everbody's help much appreciated
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
The Post Hotel has recently been renovated and looks quite nice. Although further from the lift, I think it is a better spot for nightlife etc. and also the Ski bus stops right outside.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Also the Hotel Perauer is nice as is the Viktoria.

I wouldn't hesitate to half board, food at Perauer (and indeed most hotels) is good.

We always stay at the Hotel Landenhof at New Year, good rooms and great food. At the back of the village so a whole 5 min walk to Penken but if you hire skis you can leave them at the shop or pay to leave them in the skli shop below the Penkenbahn.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
If the que looks big do Ahorn in the morning for a few runs,
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Neuhaus is a good hotel but not great location wise.

The strass garni is great location wise but not nearly such a good hotel. If you fancy b and b and a good location it might be for you.

The penken is busy and you just have to push forward. There are two lanes outside and the queue at one is often much shorter than the other. There is no reason so just join the short one.
snow conditions
Make sure you try the hot pork sandwiches from the shop by the penkenbahn. They're almost addictive:-o Mayrhofen is an excellent choice for a 'lads' trip with plenty of bars.
ski holidays
Or the ribs, don't forget the ribes. Mmmm. Can't wait for the 27th.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy