Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

my first set of skis?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
im 19 years old and im lookin to buy my first set of skis
i really am a cheapskate and am lookin to buy as cheap as possible
i am a intermediate/advanced skier
i am a huge 6ft 5-about 195cm
does anyone kno wot length skies i shud have and any ideas on what sort of skies would suit me?
thanx
neil
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Neil
Get yourself up to the Ski Warehouse in Preston. They have lots of 180cm & above carvers which they can't sell, so they're selling them off for 80 quid, including bindings. Mr Ski Bunny got a pair of Blizzard Sigma something or others; they're last seasons, but retailed at £235 then. Bargain. He loves them.
They might not be the most technically advanced skis, but if you're looking to get a bargain pair, then it's definately the place to go. The guys in there did seem quite knowledgeable & were very helpful. Give em a call - 01772 556512
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Neil, welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Can't help you on the ski front - having seen the scrum to pick the things up at Geneva airport this New Year I decided I wasn't keen on the idea.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Well, it's either the scrum at the airport (when you're generally wasting the tour op's time and those on the coach waiting for you) or it's a scrum at the ski hire shop, when it's your skiing time that's being wasted! I know which I prefer to waste...

Still, I would say that buying your skis is only economically viable if you ski more than once a year, or get some very cheap skis (which you're looking at). As long as you manage one of these two, you'll be saving money. It can be a hassle getting the skis to and from the destination airport (as well as more expensive if you're flying budget/charter), but I reckon it's worth it to have your very own skis that you can get used to.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Ski Bunny, Where abouts is thr Ski Warehouse in Preston??
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Preston Pete, It's near the Holiday Inn in town - if you're coming up the A6 you turn right - is it North Road?? & it's just there on the right hand side.

http://www.skiwarehouse-preston.co.uk/
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masopa, the scrum at Geneva airport looked about an order of magnitude worse than any scrum I have seen at a hire shop Shocked, but I am tempted - particularly after your reports of ski fettling!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Ian Hopkinson, I've been through this "Shall I buy or hire" debate and have finally invested. With a bit of luck I'll get the chance to show off my full repetoire of skids, snowplough and falling over on them next week. What clinched it for me was the thought that when I arrive in resort I can hit the snow (often literally) within minutes of arrival.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ian Hopkinson, good point! Ski fettling is most enjoyable though. Nothing like feeling the smooth sensation of wax between your fingers and running your fingernails seductively over those edges.

Oh dear, I'm getting carried away again. I'll go now and play with my edge file...
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy