Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Rossignol Experience 88, 83 intermediate/advanced

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hey,

I'm going to buy one of the two but in bit of a dilemma. I'm 179cm and the 88's are 186cm while the 83's are 176cm. Having read about it seems the 88's are recommended more than the 83's though the 83's are said to be very competent skis too. Rossignol also suggests skis should be at the skiier's height or above for intermediate or above, but only 5cm above height is recommended so the 88's are a tad bit taller. I have also read that longer skis are more suited if you're heavier, and I train for powerlifting in my non skiing sparetime so I'll likely keep getting heavier (currently 83kg).

Now for my abilities, I'd put myself as somewhere between intermediate and advanced. Feel confident in the average black pist (at least the ones I encountered in Valmorel, France) though I definitely have to pay attention on some and am not gliding through all of them effortlessly. My off pist experience is reduced to going down the sides of pists every now and then so have pretty limited experience in that regard, though it's something I loved and would like to do a lot more which is another reason I thought the 88's would be a good long term investment.

Thoughts? Guess I 'want' the 88's but not sure how much the fact that they're a bit taller than recommended will affect things, if it's a big nono I'll just go with the 83's.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The Current 88s also come in 180 - not ask I know I m afraid. As for pinning down your exact level, the best guide to it I have found is the http://www.insideoutskiing.com/level.html guide - the indications you have given are just a bit too broad both with regard to the ski length/shape and your ability. What length and width have you skied in control before?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Can honestly not remember what skis I used as I always rented and just let the guy chose for me, level 9 on that chart though. And yeah they come in 180s but the store I'm looking at doesn't have them (sport-conrad), living in Switzerland and everything costs 50% more here so thought I'd import.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy