Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Amadé and Salzburg Super Ski - Snow Reports 2014 - 15

Poster: A snowHead
The cold front has hit so it has got my juices flowing!

Albeit for a short time there is snow down to 1200 meters in Radstadt.

Maybe enough for a cheeky tour at Zauchensee!

Looks like we are on our way!......

Toofy Grin snowHead Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Yay! snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I see Obertauern is reporting 30cm fresh snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
might send the wife up there... kooky are you about?

...snowing at 800m
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
And so it starts... snowHead
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
flangesax, yep but working until Sunday Confused Fancy a tour........better takes some knackered old skis the ride town will be "interesting" if last year was anything to go by Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
...not any more!....

Dumping at 800m and below.
Ground isn't frozen so I don't expect it to lay properly but it is certainly thick underneath!

There is a good chance that above 1500m or so that this will be the season's base.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
How are the roads? I take it not everyone has the winter tyres on yet is this causing traffic Problems?
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Zauchensee 1 metre fresh snowHead

http://www.bergfex.com/oesterreich/schneewerte/?sort=BergNeuschnee24,DESC
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
flangesax wrote:

Something you're not telling us about...?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Schladming / Planai is opening a lift this weekend. A bit late this year!
http://www.planai.at/winter/de/planai_aktuell/News.html?viewPageDetails_ID=13939

There's been around 70cm at 1500m, 1m+ at 2000ms. Not too bad.
http://hp-neu.lwd-stmk.at/
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Cacciatore wrote:
flangesax wrote:

The dual is set for Sunday morning... swords... anyone wanna be my second?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
DB, I changed my tires the day before the snow came, but the drive into work yesterday was f'*@ing horrific. Loads of people caught out, Katschberg and Tauern tunnel both closed for a couple of hours, it was chaos.

OMG....does this post qualify as a post on a winter tire type question.......wtf have I done? Shocked

Scarpa, As long as she dosn´t steal my Bums we´re good wink
snow report
Scarpa wrote:
Cacciatore wrote:
flangesax wrote:

The dual is set for Sunday morning... swords... anyone wanna be my second?

Just so long as they're not sloppy....
snow report
Looks like some folk are heading up the hill ...

Screen Shot 2014-10-24 at 12.57.53
ski holidays
Nice pics on the Planai facebook page of the first day of the 2014/15 season.

https://www.facebook.com/Planai/posts/10152750370934286
latest report
Damning pics of Sportgastein here.

http://www.alpinforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=139&t=52250

No snow even at mid-station.

Been a lot of Föhn there.

Was 5c this afternoon but just a slight southerly wind picks up and it's over 10c now.

Can't see it opening at the weekend.
snow conditions
Just back from a very short ski at Reiteralm....only 1 run open to the mid station and it was obviously rammed by 10am. There is snow to the valley but no way skiable yet (unless you have a really old wrecked pair of skis and a death wish) Good to see all the snow cannons on full blast finally.

Zauchensee and Flachau are still closed, looking at the forecast we are due a half meter or so on Saturday and is staying nice an cold this week so I guess they will all open up next weekend.
ski holidays

meant to add this, oops....
latest report
@Kooky, fabulous. Yesterday most of the Ski Amadé webcams were green, today they are white. All is right with the world... snowHead
snow report
@queen bodecia, Yep, I've been watching the Radstadt webcams anxiously, but pleased to see the slopes are white now. Smile
snow report
It lifts the spirits, doesn't it? I was jumping around happily yesterday having seen my area white for the first time yesterday, though it's just an inch or two.
snow report
pam w wrote:
It lifts the spirits, doesn't it? I was jumping around happily yesterday having seen my area white for the first time yesterday, though it's just an inch or two.

Glad I wasn't the only one snowHead snowHead
latest report
@pam w, I even embarrassed myself by my behavior this morning, thank Lord my neighbors are only here at peak season Shocked
latest report
@Kooky, Doing a snowdance naked on the balcony at 5am perchance?
snow report
We were getting very worried there, though mainly for selfish reasons as we'll be sneaking a cheeky week down in Dienten from the 13th! Snow brings out the inner child, yet again! snowHead
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Looks pretty snowy in the documentary I'm watching about Werfen. Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood have just rocked up on a motorcycle.
latest report
@nozawaonsen, not looking quite as snowy there today but it was snowing hard along the road in Flachau as I left at about 16.00 this afternoon. Toofy Grin Schloß adler was lost in the clouds as I drove past at about 19:30 though so I didn't see the "cable car". They have installed a lift now though around t'other side (away from Burton and Eastwood's playground) wink
ski holidays
Well.... the valleys are literally humming all night with the buzz of the snow cannons!
Finally temps have dropped enough for snowmaking!
The fresh is falling all over the place (although slow and steady - but this isn't a bad thing!)

I'd be surprised if most areas aren't open by this weekend.
ski holidays
Any idea when Obertauern might open ? Have emailed the tourist office and await their reply. Germen site Alpin forum seems to suggest mid next week....if my GCE German is to be trusted
latest report
The webcams are look much more promising now, was starting to get worried about my week there starting on the 14th! Also noticed on snow report that a big fall is expected saturday-sunday. I realise that is quite far ahead to be predicting but it would be really great!
snow report
Hauser Kaibling opening Friday - maybe summit to mid only but that's probable 80% of the terrain anyway. Though of course this is all made up because we should aim high pre-xmas?
http://www.hauser-kaibling.at/en/news/news-events/news/season+2014/2015_n_385
snow report
@waynos, Any more news for the Planai, other than on the website?
ski holidays
@cad99uk, not there on the ground jusy yet I'm afraid - Planai has a few runs open as does Reiteralm. Given continued cold weather and "maybe" some snow at the weekend more should start opening. I here Zauchansee has some skiing too (could have been friend touring up, not sure)
snow report
@waynos, OK. Have a good 'season' when you do get there.
snow report
@Blastfromthepast, Obertauern is opening this Thursday, 4 lifts, with 12 more following on Friday snowHead

@waynos, apparently there was some big meeting today showing the new proposed link from Flachauwinkl to Zauch going over the Tauernautobahn, that will be bigger than the G link I think?
I am going to have a quick skin up there this afternoon, will report back later Madeye-Smiley

EDIT: Just caught the news, the gondola will be the longest in Europe( not sure if I believe that, the from Brides le Bains to Merryhell is endless) and will run from Lisa Alm in Flachau to the Rosskopf in Zauchensee, well , no more "quiet" days for us anymore when that happens.

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 9-12-14 12:36; edited 2 times in total
snow conditions
nice to see the snow reports coming in, gradually, from all around. Even a few inches makes everything look pretty. Fingers crossed it stays cold. snowHead
snow report
@Kooky,
Read about this gondola on German forum. A bit odd. Apparently over 20min ride and no extra pistes etc.
Not to mention the costs 60 million Euros or more.

It would make more sense to connect Flachau to Flachauwinkl. Together with new pistes and terrain.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy