Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

~Braehead Snowvember SkiTest, 15th Nov 2014 : any interest? ~

Poster: A snowHead
<div class=\"announcebox section_div\"><form class=\"\" action=\"groupcp.php?g=55145&fwd=2593659\" method=\"post\">To show interest in the <b>SnowVember Ski Test at Braehead Snow Factor</b> Click this:<br><input type=\"submit\" class=\"subbut mainoption ui-combobox-input ui-state-default ui-corner-all\" style=\"margin:15px\" onMouseOver=\"this.style.backgroundColor=\'#FFD\'\" onMouseOut=\"this.style.backgroundColor=\'#CCF\'\" name=\"joingroup\" value=\"I'm interested in the SNovTest_BRA!\" />
</form></div>

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Mon 15-12-14 21:18; edited 5 times in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
The SnowVember Ski Test at Braehead Snow Factor (SNovTest_BRA)

- Would run from 11:00 to 15:00 on Sat 15 Nov 2014
- And be in BraeHead snowFactor, Glasgow

Share your Travel Details

Check out Everyones Travel Plans so far...

Check out flight availability/prices on Skyscanner
If you're booking Swissair <= please go via this link as it will cost you the same but snowHeads gets a couple of quid.

We have a doable date for a Snowvember SkiTest at Braehead : Saturday 15th November, 11am - 3pm and that includes a good range of brands available.
I'd expect to attain a similar deal to last year.

As I've mentioned elsewhere on snowHeads though, supporting a skitest at Braehead is rather expensive for me.
While I don't expect to make money on it, (or even break even!) I do want to feel that the expense is justified as 'investment in the community' by a half decent turnout.

So, if you've any interest in coming to a Ski Test on this date, please declare it via the buttons above.
As usual, there are buttons for those who can not be certain at this stage: I just need to gauge how much interest there is. Naturally, if we get a big flurry of "Definitely"s I'm going to be a lot more encouraged to push this through.
Are you up for a Ski Test at Braehead 15th Nov?
Definitely!
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

Yes, almost certainly.
A snowHead
A snowHead

Hopefully so...
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead
A snowHead

snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Would love to come but working that day. Sad

Need to check out new skis as I wrecked my last ones in the last week last season and I need a new pair.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Would love to come but its Scotland vs All Blacks that day at Murrayfield, is that the only doable date?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Had a great time last year but need to think about a few things first
1, It cost us 3 new pairs of skis last time rolling eyes
2, Son's birthday party in a flat in Edinburgh the night before and don't know the extent of the fall out that will need to be cleared the following morning.

If I do come (+2) I will supply the Tunnocks Caramel Wafers.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Another interested but work Saturday and need to see if I can get day of but could be +2
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Maybe. I'll look into it
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Mmmmm very interested . Will confirm by the end of the week ! Plus need a wee shop at Ellis brighams
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Admin. Should this not be in snow events so more people can see it?admin,
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
larry1950, bfg, press the relevant buttons then!

speachmaus, that's a tricky one as the Piste is actually more visible than snowEvents. ie. you can't read snwEvents unless you are logged in.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
admin, really? I did not know that. I don't normally come on the piste just bored at work today lol 😘🎿
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
As the one who asked about you coming North, yes I can do 15th.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
2014 or 2015 ? wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
under a new name, clever clogs! NehNeh
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
deerman, press the button then!! snowHead
ski holidays
Really hope this goes ahead. Shaping up to be a great day out - Cakequeen and myself skiing during the day, out for dinner then Robert Plant in concert before a night in a hotel. It's my (early) birthday treat!
snow report
Damn.... Off to Saudi that day. but may pop in to see you all on route to Airport.
snow report
Would come along but i'm busy that day with work... Sad
snow report
OK! At last we have some Definites on this list... things aren't looking quite so dire now!

I really want to be able to support this.
Weirdly, just like last year, I am committed to being at a snowHead's wedding that day. Unlike last year, it's too far away for me to do the trip during the day. However, Gregory has agreed to fly/train up there to cover the event so the sooner we get his tickets, the less it's going to hurt.
ski holidays
should be along
snow report
Graham, I'm trying to rustle up a few people based on last year's fabbo experience.

Have you considered emailing Scottish Ski Club, Glencoe, Nevis Range direct?
ski holidays
Just thinking a bit harder about catchment areas, Cairngorm and the Lecht might be worth a punt too. They must all have a list of committed season ticket holders.
latest report
That sounds like a good idea @Highland Lad, do you have contacts at any of them?
snow report
We're going to Braehead the weekend before for the ski test that Blues organise. Didn't see this date until today, but now wondering if we can fit in two trips to Braehead.
snow report
sadly I am working that day. Just bought new skis earlier this year but would have been good for a wee catch up, as I recently became a member at Snow Factor
Enjoy
snow report
Any updates?
I'm wondering what skis will be there. Is it lnked with Ellis Brigham again?
snow report
I've never done a ski test session before, any tips on how to get the most out of it?

@Scottish Scrutineer, we're going to the Blues ski test too. 4pm to 6pm, maybe see you there.
ski holidays
@Valkyrie,
We've got tickets for the early session, as last year we went to the evening session, by which some of the Ski Reps had left and with them, some of the skis we wanted to test.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
quite keen assuming transport works out, would be a plus 1 too
ski holidays
Do we need to book our time slots with Braehead or yourself??
latest report
Any updates on what skis will be available?
latest report
@admin, when do you expect to confirm this event is definitely on?
snow report
Sorry, but this is not really looking much like it's a goer.
With less than 2 weeks to go, we've just 6 snowHeads (other than me) saying they're 'definitely' up for it.
This gives me zero clout to negotiate price with the slope so a) you get no discount as we do at other skitests and b) I've no margin to help towards expenses.
As I've said before, it's not like I'd be expecting this to even cover its own costs, but given it'll cost me, personally around £200 to do this (and travel costs are going up each day!), that just can't be justified for only 5 people Sad

Really, a sensible number is 20+. At that level I might be able to squeeze £40 or £50 out of the system towards costs and I'm left spending under a tenner a head on you lot - I can live with that.

So, there have been 20+ people show some kind of interest even if one or two are suggesting they're undecided whether they'd rather watch the rugby rolling eyes There have also been a couple of comments about bringing the wife/friend/whatever.
So I'll leave this open for another 24hrs - if you really are up for it then make sure you update your status to Definitely! so I have an accurate representation of who really wants to come.
snow report
OK - 2 more say they're up for it. That's a 33% increase Smile , although 33% on 6 isn't so exciting, at least we're heading in the right direction.

I do want to see this happen, you have my enthusiasm for it but I'm sure you understand, enthusiasm from me alone is not enough to make it work.
snow report
I will be going, (upgrade from possibly) - assuming no family emergencies etc - I for one will def not be watching rugby or football in preference to playing about on some different skis Happy
Know what you mean on expense for you
snow conditions
@StephenS, click the button at the top of the page and select the "Definitely" option then you're on the list! snowHead
ski holidays
If it happens, I'll definetly come to support it. I'd have liked to know what skis were available thoough
snow conditions
Hi, quick heads up on what brands are coming - Atomic, Armada, Blizzard, Line, Nordica, Rossignol, Salomon, and Volkl. Plus we'll have EB test skis from Head and DPS. If there is anything specific from these brands you would like to try, post on this thread and I'll see what we can do. Hope we can get a few more people signed up.
Thanks, Steve
ski holidays
Can you pack some polly pocket sized ones in there too please - @Steve@EllisB,
ski holidays
I was in Braehead for a couple of hours skiing today and I noticed that EB's test day is next Saturday. So is that separate to the Snowheads testing or are we all combining into one big test session?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy