Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Going away at new year

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I've never been away at new year so have no idea what the etiquette is for these things. Does one research and book somewhere prior to arrival, do it when you get there or just head out on new year's eve and see what the go is?

I'm going to Zermatt if that makes any difference...

Seriously excited about it.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Legend.,

You research and book. We were shocked, shocked I tell you, that our favourite restaurateur (who emptied his restaurant for the OH's father's wake (it's only locals and if they weren't invited, they'll be back tomorrow)) couldn't fit us in for the later sitting last year.

If anything like Chamonix you then pay through the nose for entry to most bars and a huge premium on night clubs.

Many restaurants have set festive menus at a significant premium to normal prices.

You get absolutely wasted to take your mind off how ripped off you are getting.

You MTFU & get up really early next morning (or white night it) to exploit the empty slopes due everyone elses hangover.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
If you want to eat in a decent restaurant then book. If you are just drinking then you can probably wing it.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Legend., Are you talking about sorting out a restaurant or somewhere to stay?

Assuming that you are talking about a restaurant on new year's eve then I suggest you go and book immediately you get there or online before. Otherwise they will be full. They will probably be full anyway, but you will be inside instead of outside.

If you are talking about accommodation then you may be lucky. It is the busiest week of the year in most resorts.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Yeah it's restaurants/bars I was talking of. Sounds like booking is the best option then. Thanks for the words of wisdom.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy