Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Can't let go...

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am the proud owner of a pair of delaminating Scott missions 2007. I love the versatility of this ski. I ski with my children, intermediate friends and some proper powder skiing. The arildite is holding the tips together and they 'might' last another season. No doubt I will spend the next few months researching a replacement however I'm so scared they won't live up to the trusty missions.

Has the tech moved on much? Any advice? What should I demo next?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
pchaloner wrote:
Ias the tech moved on much?

In that sort of ski? Not significantly.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pchaloner, what do you like about them and what are the dimensions of the model you own??

I used to really like my Missions, then tried some other skis and haven't really looked back tbh
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
They are 178 and 91w (or 89w can't remember). I'm just so used to them I guess. i've used them in all conditions and after 6/7 years of ownership (2/3 trips PA) i know exactly how they will react in any situation. I haven't tried many skis since buying them and I used to rent before this set. I fancied trying some piste skis for speed and tried some Vokl race skis which I hated although i appreciate they are designed for a different market (not me) - Total leg burners that want ride flat out. Skis are expensive. If these are on their way out what shall I buy next? What skis have similar characteristics? The only negative is weight and slight twitchiness at speed when riding flat.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Forgot to mention that I will only have a one set quiver.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
My "favourite ski" journey: Scott Mission Santiago Mission 2006 (same, different top sheet) in 183 (I'm 185 and Heavy..)

Then - Scott Crusade 189 - really nice all round ski same float but way better on piste - same height but getting lighter

now - DPS wailer 99 in 190 (? or 192???) - does everything except boy racer and even there keeps up no prob, off piste/mixed etc great - still 185cm! but now ~100kg (ok so I like cheese..)

my conclusion for you : look at the Scott Venture. or buy my even older than yours Mission which I still have! but they are too long Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pchaloner, if you fancy trying some piste skis that do surprisingly well off piste, try some Head Titans or Magnums (not as stiff as the Titans) depending on your weight....
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!

http://youtube.com/v/kwrm_9WBr-8
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hey mishmash, thanks for the advise on the ventures. I might have to give them a spin.

Can Dynastar really live up to Scott's? Controversial topic I know but there is something about supporting the understated brand.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pchaloner, hubby was also the proud owner of a pair of Scott Missions. Now replaced with Dynastar Cham 97s. I don't think he would prefer to be still skiing on the Missions, although he does still have them.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I have the Scott Venture but my son who is taller and a heavier build has the Crusade, we generally ski together in Scotland and have really enjoyed them. We also have them fitted with mountaineering bindings and skins.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Quote:

there is something about supporting the understated brand.

even if they fall apart? wink Have they had a hard life?
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy