Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Recommendation for a studio/apartment in Zermatt?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I'm looking for a studio or apartment in Zermatt for one person, 22-29 November. Somewhere reasonably central would be nice, and wifi is essential. Any recommendations? Cheap would be better than expensive, although it being Zermatt...
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Best bet would probably to use the accommodation booking service on the Zermatt website. We've used this service many times and found it very reliable. Weve always booked apartments for the family so have no specific recommendations for smaller places but you should have no problem finding somewhere suitable for that time of the year. Hope you have a great week - enjoy!
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Welshcakes, thanks, I'm currently ploughing my way through their Tourist Office website, but if anyone had any personal recommendations that would be great.

On this occasion I think I'll be driving to Zermatt, so parking in Tasch seems inevitable. How much is the cost of the train from Tasch up to Zermatt, and if I needed to make another trip down to my car from the village to collect some more stuff do I have to pay for each journey I make?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
rob@rar, Interhome have quite a few there too, worth looking. I stayed in quite a nice one but it had no WiFi, several years ago though.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I agree that the Zermatt site is probably the best option, though as you say you do need to plough through it. You don't mention budget, but if you don't see anything you like, another option would be one of the smaller B&B hotels like le Petit Hotel, the Testa Grigia or the Hotel Welcome. They (hotel Welcome) have some nice small apartments that sleep 2 and can be taken on a B&B or self catering basis. Nice location, very central with a small supermarket and bakery practically next door. We have stayed there a number of times in one of the bigger apartments and it has worked well. They have wifi. There is another Hotel Welcome in Tasch so if you are looking in to this, make sure you get the right one !
As for the train, all the information about prices and so on is on the Zermatt website. A return ticket is 16 CHF, a single 8CHF and yes I would think you will need a ticket every time you go up and down! There are luggage trollies at Tasch though which you can get a lot of stuff on to and which wheel on and off the train, so would you really need to be going up and down?
Enjoy anyway, when you get there!
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rob@rar,
All good advice from Scotsgirl. We like to stay in the Steinmatten area which is reasonably convenient for both town and the Matterhorn Express lift which is likely to be the one you are using at that time of year. A company we've used is www.perren-reinhold.ch which has a couple of apartment blocks in this area. They have an English section on the website and online booking. I think the Hotel Welcome is in the same area so you've got some options to help narrow down the choice.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all for the advice. Keep it coming if anyone else has a suggestion.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Rob ... you're more than likely to get some advice on this via the North Wall bar, if there's anyone there to answer to phone at this time of year!

http://www.rhodania-northwall.ch/
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I spent one night in the heated car park in Tasch in the back of a van. I did not need to use any heating in the van at all, and it remained between 5C-10C inside the well insulated van during the night when temperatures outside the heated car park were -5 to -10.

I would have spent longer there if there was not a 16 CHF return train fare every day. It seemed better to me to go to a youth hostel as well as paying for parking.

As it turned out the youth hostel required you to eat their food included in the price. The food was actually very good for what you paid, and it did save a lot of time at breakfast and evening meals. Also you could take a roll or two from breakfast and use that for lunch.

Very good value, and although I was in a room for 8, there were no snorers that I was aware of. (I have recorded myself sleeping and unless I drink alcohol heavily or have a cold I do not tend to snore)

I have stayed in the other underground car park before (not the new one : well the one that has been there more than 10 years). It was very difficult to get into that one, and parking was very tight. The one which started operating around 2004/2005 is much bigger, has more level spaces, and can accommodate vans with roofs which are less than 2m.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy