Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Willing to buy advanced skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi,

I would like to buy a pair of skis, but i am really lost. Things have changed too much in the last years!

I am make, 186cm and 83 kg. I would say i have an advanced+ level.
I usually ski fast but i get tired quite easily. Every year i am less fit :s
So because of this i wouldnt like to buy a super hard ski.

95% of the times i ski on-piste, so i dont care that much how they behave off-piste.

My budget is maximun 500€, willing to spend 400€.

Any recommendations?
I have been looking a bit to the volkl RTM and the CODE.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
vanvan7, Völkl RTM is a wonderful ski. I've had a pair of 81s since last year, which I find to be great on hard / icy pistes and almost no difference in handling to my Mantras in chewed up crud & old powder. Havn't got round to skinng fresh pow cos there was no opportunity to do that last season Sad
Recommended
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I bought the Volk code speedwall over the summer, but have yet to ski on it!!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

i get tired quite easily. Every year i am less fit

it might not just be fitness - might be technique. How long since you had a lesson? You're not overweight so no obvious reason why you should tire easily.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Me? Bad technique? Hehe. I am 30 and I finished all the courses when I was 15 or so. Still no perfect technique of course. I get tired in my legs but the issue it's mostly the oxygen. Even if I don't smoke.

So between the code and the rtm, any suggestion? Or other brand/model?
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy