Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes in Varsity Week

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi all,

Am looking at possibly going to Tignes Val Claret in Oxbridge Varsity week- has anyone been over there whilst it has been going on, and if so, is it best avoided for a couple who are there for a weeks worth of beginner lessons and a bit of chillout?

Chris
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
papeman,

Unless you get invited to their 'closed' parties you probably will not notice them wink
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I don`t know Tignes but I have been in other resorts during Uni weeks and apart from the fact that this last time my sons met people they knew on odd bits of piste, and drove off to meet some to ski with on occasions, I can`t say I really noticed them. It may depend on where the students are staying in comparison to where you are staying, late night partying and lift queue wise in particular.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
The Varsity is a very large gathering, it won't affect the pistes but they do obviously group together in ways that such a number of independent holiday makers wouldn't. I'd say if you have problems it will be more in the evenings getting into the bars and restaurants they have block booked.

When a rep for students I never worked the Varsity itself, but my most boring group ever was an Oxbridge college out for a week on their own. They preferred to stay in cooking for each other and chatting than go out doing the usual student nonsense. I doubt the other building residents even noticed they were there.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:
I can`t say I really noticed them
They're actually quite easy to spot on nights out when it's -20C. They will be the ones staggering between bars in jeans and T-shirts or pyjamas.... rolling eyes
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:
I can`t say I really noticed them
They're actually quite easy to spot on nights out when it's -20C. They will be the ones staggering between bars in jeans and T-shirts or pyjamas.... rolling eyes

Shocked But I would have been safely tucked up in bed by then Laughing
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Am looking at possibly going to Tignes Val Claret in Oxbridge Varsity week-

Which is when this year?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Week of the 8th December
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:
But I would have been safely tucked up in bed by then
We would be normally - but had just arrived in resort mid-evening so were out for a bite to eat wink.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy