Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best ski films for a long flight

Poster: A snowHead
OK, so this has probably been done before many times but I couldn't find anything more recent than about 5 years ago using the forum search, so...what are the best ski films to make a long flight bearable? Obviously need to be downloadable in advance. No bias to either ski or snowboard, probably prefer big mountain to park/tricks (but the JP Auclair segment in All.I.Can was pretty good). Ideas on a snowHead postcard please.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Aspen Extreme, Blizzard of Aaaaahs, Claim, etc...
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Steep if you like documentaries too. In deep is good, Claim. McConkey. GNAR is free and a good laugh.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Downhill Racer from late 60's let's you see a young Robert Redford and Gene Hackman lock horns in the U.S. Ski Team. Probably not really what you are looking for going by the above tho'.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Some I've watched in the past year:

Into the mind
mission steeps
supervention - cool Norwegian film, quite a bit of park but some excellent mountain powder too, and in the stunning norwegian fjords
lets go small (detailing a single run)
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
neoxerox, I love Supervention. Also, I find the Norwegian style more palatable than some of the American "Gnarly, dude!" films. That scene at the beginning with the ski jump... Fantastic.

Valhalla is hilarious in parts and the naked skiing scene is fun, but it's irritatingly hippyish at times.

Anything from Sherpas Cinema is great.

This year's new films will mostly be coming out in the next month or so.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
GNAR, The Way of Life, Push, any of the Nimbus Independent movies from yesteryear. +1 to pretty much everything mentioned here.

Less, Days of My Youth, SOME THING ELSE are already out on iTunes if you want something recent. There's also a huge amount of free films out there that you can grab off vimeo etc.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
The art of flight, That's it that's all, Deeper, Further, This is my winter.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all for the suggestions, I now have a selection to watch when the in-flight movie is terrible Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
the art of flight is incredible, love it
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I'd recommend all the Apocalypse Snow movies (very 80s, very cheesy but often hilarious and with great skiing)
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Look no further than The Art Of Flight and That's It, That's All. The cinematography and attention to detail is immense. Touching The Void (mountaineering but amazing nevertheless) is class too.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
All the above are good, but why not download all of franzClammer vies from beginner to l1 and beyond.
Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Licence to Thrill ( plus How to Thrill ) is a great movie as is Maltese Flamingo wink . You can not go far wrong with any Gregg Stump or Warren Miller film.

Forgot to add maybe something less serious.

Ski Patrol.
Hot Dog the movie.
Gonzo'd To Extremes.

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Sat 18-10-14 20:13; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Current favourite is Supervention.

All I Can and Into the Mind are also brilliant..........

Ski movie night on the cards I think!!!
ski holidays
Quote:

download all of franzClammer vies from beginner to l1 and beyond.

Not sure I have space or time for that many videos! And might be depressing watching someone go from beginner to well past my level in the same time that I managed to fit in a couple of trips Sad. If only I had the dedication to self-improve as fC does...and entertain asking the way Smile
snow report
Hot Tub Time Machine??
ski holidays
chalet girl Laughing ......sorry, couldn't resist.

And seriously, fistful of moguls.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy